RC Competitor

Super excited about my Revo :)

I know most of you guys have done this like a million times, but I have not.

I tore my revo down to the chassis. I had melted the spur gear and needed to fix it. I had also bought several new parts for it like STRC alloy skid plates, new wing, rpm bumpers, rpm front carriers to match the rpm true track rear arms I already installed, a new dog bone for the one I broke, center steel drive shafts...etc

I really wanted to pull all the electronics off the chassis and send it through the dish washer but I was too chicken to be honest...lol If the ESC was not double taped in place I probably would have.

I just put it back together and put it on 4S, and beat the crap out of it. Nothing failed. I am super happy.

I was using a Dewalt cordless screwdriver that works off of gyro, and I for sure stripped a few things

Still learning, still having fun.

I put all the push rods on the farthest hole to lower it a bit and hopefully flip over less. It's better for sure, but not amazingly so.

I was running some street tread tires I bought on some bead lock wheels. I thought the bead lock wheels would be a great idea, but the allen screws get so screwed up they are a super pain to deal with, and the wheel's came with no new screws.

This is why I keep running my trenchers. They have yet to unbead. The stock Talons have unbeaded, even after trying to re-glue (unbeaded in the un re-glued areas), the street tires have come un beaded repeatedly even with the bead locks. The trenchers keep on going in beast mode.

Still have a ton to learn. I am having super fun with it so far.

I wish someone would make a wing that incorporates some wheelie rollers. That would work better for me.

Still need to rebuild the shocks with 80 wt just to see what that will change.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you have done a few upgrades but also sounds like you need to install sway bars.
    Whilst you had it torn down you should have dyed the chassis & rockers.
    Glad you're enjoying it.

RC Competitor
    I for sure don't have sway bars. Do they really help? I have a Slash with sway bars and they are so weak feeling I wonder if they work to be honest.

Everyone wants to dye the chassis black. That is super boring to me to be honest. If I dye mine it will be blue, red, or pink. But like I said i was too much of a chicken to pull the electronics off of the chassis.

RC Qualifier
    A slash does not weigh much so the sway bats do not need to be super stiff.

I run 80wt and lt springs all the way around on p2 rockers.

I'm geared for 55mph on 4s, different motor, and have yet to see a problem with my trenchers. Great tires though a little heavy.

RC Competitor
    I have bought 80 wt shock oil, but have yet to rebuild them. I replaced the stock shocks with the Traxxas blue alloy ones. They seem better to me, they seem to be a lot smoother if that makes any sense. The guy with a pic of a Grand national suggested the 80 wt. I used the silver and blue springs on the new shocks like he suggested.

I will look into the sway bars, pretty sure my LHS has them in stock. They seem to have every part I need in stock

I don't love that the Trenchers weigh what they do. It leads to a lot of Kart wheeling with my driving skill to be honest. But I did all my speed runs with them as they are the tallest tires I have and they are completely un-phased by the abuse. I am pretty amazed by the abuse they have taken so far for sure.

RC Competitor
    My most common failure so far is a suspension pushrod pulling out of the plastic clevis attached to the bottom a arm.

Is that common? Is there a way to make it a bit less a problem?

For those who run on 6S, do you burn out a lot of clutch's? On 4S with the clutch tight it takes a gradual pull of the throttle, with 6S is is extremely hard not to flip it over for me. Hard to turn when the front tires in the air. How do you guys do it?

I am thinking of getting the center diff, and running thin oil in it. It will kill wheelies, but I think maybe make it faster.

RC Qualifier
    dont use the center diff on 6s its only made for 4s per traxxas and mine di not last long on 6s maybe a month