RC Competitor

Blown rear differential

So as the subject line says my rear differential is foobar. I thought I finslly turned a corner and I would be running awhile with no breaks and now the differential denied me that feat. So I need suggestions. I want to order parts in the next few hours bc I don't have a LHS and this pretty much means my car is down until mid next week

What upgrades, if any, can I make at this point? Basically what's out on the market that can make my diffs better since I have to deal with it now anyway?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Look up blackcrow's diff mod which uses stock diffs or got to go losi diff mod search them both. I went losi!
    Erbe, Merv Vxl, Rusty Vxl.

RC Qualifier
    whats wrong with the diff? did it blow the pinion bearings? LST2....
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

prob ring and pinion. missing some teeth
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    I just drove an hour one way to get Traxxas parts. Tearing it apart tonight and fixing this because I want to drive tomorrow and I'll look into the Losi upgrade soon so thanks for the tip! This car is frustrating me honestly...all this time and money and I'm spending more time wrenching than driving. Hoping this changes soon or I'm out of this hobby while my truck still has decent resale value. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck and all the fun that comes with it, but here I am wrenching AGAIN and I just feel at this price point there are a lot of early failures especially on only 4s....I haven't even touched 6s yet, good lord. I'm surprised anything stays intact on 6s.

The more you drive it the better control you will get, and get to know its durability and weak points.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    I suppose. I'm definitely getting pretty good at tearing things down and wrenching on it because I've had most of it apart already for repairs and upgrades. They could of helped me at the hobby shop but I'll learn a lot more doing this on my own. I did have have them diagnose it as a rear diff blown, they checked it and said I was right, so I had them just sell me the rebuild kit and figured I'd spend my night doing it myself. Pretty sure it blew when I was trying to pop a wheelie so now I'm going to be super nervous to even try to do those anymore.

RC Competitor
    Well I took it apart, replaced the bad gear, and put it back together but after I put the driveshafts back on and move one manually the other one doesn't turn all the time. Like the gears are not meshed properly so I'm done with it for now. I'm going to have to take it a part again and shim it better....fun fun.

JJ I looked up Losi and I think I may go that route now. Since I don't even want to look at this truck anymore I think now would be a great time tto step back, order some Losi parts, and forget about RC while I wait for parts.