RC Competitor

ERBE compared to a MERV?

so i have a MERV mostly done (just waiting for the castle combo and its fully upgraded at last) and i am thinking of getting a new truck...
    so i just wanted to ask how is the ERBE cmpared to a MERV in driving style? i mainly bash arround and some little speed runs here and there.
    if someone has both of them and can tell me the difference between them that would be awsome and if i should gat a ERBE or another truck?
    thanks for helpers and i am sorry because i know there are probably 100 threads like this.

RC Enthusiast
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...BE-versus-MERV

I don't own a MERV and I've only owned my ERBE for about a week. So I posted that link from a previous thread on the forums with the same subject matter. Hopefully it helps you a little while you wait for other people with more experience to chime in. I will say the erbe is very easy to drive and I would "guess" that the MERV takes more driving skill for regular bashing. I say that because logic would tell me that the smaller scale of the MERV wouldn't handle rough terrain as well as its big brother erbe for obvious reasons. However you seem more experienced so that's probably not as big of a factor for you as it would be for me. So I think it comes down to what you are trying to do. If you are going to continue to do what you're doing now then why invest that kind of money just to do the same thing with a bigger truck? But if you're going to tackle bigger, tougher terrain then I think it justifies the expense. That's my inexperienced opinion but I still think it's a logical one and worth the thought. Have a good evening.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the replay but that thread is comparing the MERV to an ERBE not saying if they are different in driving style,but still it was helpful and very nice done.
    any other suggestions?

other than size they handle about the same. Had a mini, it was ok but where I drive, it did not have the ground clearance needed.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tamirlankri View Post
    thanks for the replay but that thread is comparing the MERV to an ERBE not saying if they are different in driving style,but still it was helpful and very nice done.
    any other suggestions?
    The driving style is a comparison. It will drive differently due to the size. I have found the MERV to be far twitchier that any revo platform I have driven. The ERevo will roll over things better due to size. It will stop and go slower due to size and weight. I think the MERV will roll over sooner since it is narrower.

As for physical differences, size, weight and the MERV is far weaker. Both like to eat the drivetrain and both probably too fast for their own good. Otherwise, as the name states, the MERV is a mini revo.