RC Qualifier

Aftermarket body shell links

Anyone who comes across aftermarket bodies, post up your links here. Revo or Slash 1/16th only of course. I'm hoping Proline scales down all the Revo bodies to fit.

RC Qualifier
    I want a mini JC Concepts illuzion
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Racer
    A mini slipstream would be awesome
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    for the mini slash owners-to-be, the Parma Midnight Pumpkin reproduction body will for sure fit. width and wheelbase match up within a few mm
    EDIT: if you find a way to stretch the WB by 5mm (I'd grind 2.5mm off of of the front of the hinge pin mounts on the rear bulkheads, put 2.5mm of spacers between the arm and the rear of the bulkhead, then do more or less the same up front. think like caster adjustment on a Maxx chassis, just on both arms), and bringing the track width in by 5mm on each side (screw the pivot balls 2.5mm further into the arms, run thinner hexes, run less offset wheels, all will work), these reproductions of the Tamiya Porsche 959 Gr.B and the Tamiya Toyota Celica Gr.B should fit. here's links to them:
    Porsche 959 Gr.B
    interior kit for 959 body
    Toyota Celica Gr.B
    interior kit for Celica body
    the interior kits obviously require some sort of a helmet for the driver (a Tamiya Wild Willy helmet would do, or the helmet off of a HPI RS4MT/RS4Rally inner body would work quite well, tho it may be a bit large. behead a 1:12 action figure and use that ), if you choose to use them. also, that same company makes a reproduction of the Tamiya VW Golf Gr. 2 body that is within a few mm of the correct track width, but I haven't found a wheelbase figure for it, so it's up to someone to guinnea-pig themselves to see if it does fit or not
    Last edited by Slyp Dawg; 04-29-2009 at 04:28 PM.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC poster
    I saw the celica body on ebay, but was not sure of the measurements .... i really want to find a lancer ......

RC Racer
    Mini LST (original) might fit I think they look cool (the only good thing about them imo)

RC Qualifier
    the Celica body is a reproduction of the original body, and going off the specs for the Celica Gr.B listed on tamiyaclub.com list the overall width of the car at 172mm, with a 211mm wheelbase, which is very close to the dimensions of the stock mini Slash

RC poster
    Not a Lancer shell, but do you guys think this will fit on a slash(without the bumbers)?

Scale: 1/14
    Length: 11.5" (292mm)
    Width: 5.25" (133mm)
    Wheelbase: 7.375" (187mm)

http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/?q=1%...Clear:E+Racers

RC Qualifier
    the wheelbase is 14mm too short and it's around 50mm too narrow. in simpler terms, it definitely would not fit

RC Champion
    well i just found an old nikko hummer H2 body in my closset and it looks like it will fit.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Racer
    thought I would rehash this old thread as these cars are starting to roll in now,

I personaly would love to see an old ford pick up body, or atleast something a bit more monster truck and a lot less race!

RC Qualifier
    is 1956 old enough? the Parma Midnight Pumpkin repro body should be a direct fit.

RC Racer
    50 mph Midnight pumpkin : P

Sweet I think I will do it thanks for that.