RC Qualifier

Drive shaft info requested.

Hello everyone,

I realize that this will be a little OT for this thread but if you guys could bear with me for a second I think that you will understand why UI am asking this question here.

I purchased an E-Revo and have plans to convert it to a E-Slayer, I have already purchased all of the tierod pushrods and A-arms needed to start this conversion. What I am looking for is drive shafts, I purchased some stock Driveshafts off of Ebay but I am not sure if they will hold up to the challenge, do any of you run metal drive shafts? If so can you post links or would metal shafts be a waste of money?
    I have looked all over and I have not been able to find either the stock OR aftermarket shafts, I guess I am not looking hard enough or just not looking in the right places.

I appreaciate any help you guys can give in helping me with this issue.

RC Racer
    Center metal drive shafts or "CVD" is curently available from several manufacturers... For the Slayer, the only one I'm aware of are from Fast Lane Machine (FLM). I just received a set for my Slayer in anticipation of my Picco 26 maxx and they are awesome. Definately much stronger than stock.. they can be purchased online from rc-monster.com
    http://www.rc-monster.com/fastlane.php
    3rd from the bottom, no picture yet.

RC Qualifier
    FLM is the only manufacturer of CVD "axle" shafts for the Slayer, at the moment. THS, Vantage, MIP all make center shafts for it. I have yet to have a problem with an axle shaft, though I have destroyed 3 front center shafts using a Picco .26. Most of the problems people are having are with the e-clips on the stock shafts.

The Axel shaft would be the same but I don't think the center drive shafts for a 2.5 revo (which is what a slayer would need) will fit an e-revo the transmission is further forward. You could ask this question on the e-revo forum and would get a better answer.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DarinM View Post
    Center metal drive shafts or "CVD" is curently available from several manufacturers... For the Slayer, the only one I'm aware of are from Fast Lane Machine (FLM). I just received a set for my Slayer in anticipation of my Picco 26 maxx and they are awesome. Definately much stronger than stock.. they can be purchased online from rc-monster.com
    http://www.rc-monster.com/fastlane.php
    3rd from the bottom, no picture yet.
    Can you post some pictures of the FLM CVDs, please? I have yet to see any.
    Thanks

RC Racer
    Also are u converting to a slayer or slayer pro stance?
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

This thread is from 2009 fellas. For those interested though I run the FLM CVDs and they have been great. I actually tested the prototypes for them and they are still on my truck and holding up after much abuse. I ran the THS center CVD's for a while and when they gave out recently I switched to MIP spline center shafts. MIP also makes spline shafts that run to the wheels. The spline type CVDs are more of a stock type setup only steel.

RC Racer
    Lol good call on the date carguy
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

RC poster
    Can you post some pictures, por favor?
    FLM or RC-Monster has no pictures. How do they expect to sell a product with no pictures ???

I seem to have deleted my pics of them but I did a quick google search and found a pic that was posted by another member. He painted his but this will give you the idea of the style CVD they are.

FLM used to have a pic up on their site and at RC monster but I don't know what happened to it.

RC poster
    Thanks! I appreciate the response.