RC Competitor

Spektrum 2.4GHz antenna in ERevo rx box?

I installed the spektrum SR3300T RX that came with my DX3S, and it's great, but I'm concerned about the short antenna wire. Right now I have it running out through the RX box's foam water seal like the stock 27MHz antenna, and that means that a 2" piece of the antenna sticks out under the shock bodies, and has no room to stand upright. Is that going to affect my range? I recall seeing someone who drilled a hole in the top of the RX box and made a little stubby antenna tube, but I can't find it anymore on the forum. Anyone know a good way to make a water-sealed, upright 2.4Ghz antenna tube for an ERevo RX box?
    RoboPede: http://snowtiresrobot.blogspot.com/

I don't know that you'll need it. I have a little 1 inch stubb, after the rest got ripped off, and I didn't lose any range. I would test it out and see how it works.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    The best thing that I have found for that is to clean a small spot off on the frame and put a small dab of clear, any color will work really, silicone and set the end of your antenna wire in it. It keeps it out of the way and plus it is easy to remove if you ever have too. Hope that helps you out.

RC Racer
    For me the best way to do it and keep the whole thing looking clean was to drill a small hole in the RX box under the little post that the old antenna sat in, then i used a tiny amount of black silicone to plug it up

Notice the antenna wire just under the little mount.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tim186
    For me the best way to do it and keep the whole thing looking clean was to drill a small hole in the RX box under the little post that the old antenna sat in, then i used a tiny amount of black silicone to plug it up

Notice the antenna wire just under the little mount.
    I'm getting vertigo .
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

tim186, I did the same thing for my Nomadio receiver... Works great that way...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    I went right up trough the roof.

My clear silicone was all dried up, so I have to get some to seal it. It is a real tight, friction fit though, so I'd say it's water resistant right now. Not that it matters to me as I don't plan to take is swimming anytime soon.