Alright, so here's the deal: I've had my E-Revo for just over two & half weeks (first real RC, everything else has been target type stuff just to drive/pass time). I've been looking at a bunch of Online Hobby Shops and this forum to try and get the lay of the land, and I've got some general questions and some thoughts about where I want to take my truck in the future.... Here it goes.
To start, the stock suspension was soft and icky so I replaced the stock springs with silver front/blue back (non-LT). that was better, but where I'm able to drive rough asphalt is primary surface (some dirt, like 70/30) and that still seemed a little sloppy, so I got Traxxas P3 rockers and the Traxxas Aluminum Pushrods (dropped down): Seems better, though now I think I need the LT Silver/Blues that came in the box. Now I'm trying to trim down the turning radius, got Tekno RC sways on the way.
Coming with the sways are the aluminum rocker posts, to drop a smidge of weight.
So that's where the truck is today. I'm running 6 & 7 cell NiMH batt's 2K & 3K Milliamp respectively. No wheelies, but the truck is set up pretty low...
1) My immediate suspension questions is this: even with the tougher springs and P3 rockers the front to back weight transfer is still pretty severe, what else can I do to keep as much weight as I can on the front wheels on launch, and keep as much as I can on the rear when not on the gas?
2) Can I use disk brakes instead of the motors to brake on an electric? If so I'm thinking of a 4 channel 2.4gHz Futaba. Not sure... and throwing the 2-speed transmission in there... Thoughts?
3) For the power plants, I like the idea of the two motor set up, but want more top end, quick top end would be preferred... Is there a good dual Brushless out there? Or a really stellar dual Brushed setup?
4) Then as far as rubber goes... The Talons are pretty awesome, but I'd like to find an Anaconda type set up. The idea of a rounded tire is appealing, seems like if it gets on two wheels, mid-turn, it will hold its own a little better. Though I am drawn to the Pro Line Road Rage, those look awesome for on-road...
5) I've read mentions on the forum of wider wheel base A-arms, who makes these and are they a good investment?
I realize for a first post this may have been to much, but I'd appreciate any help. I got the truck to keep me busy when I get home from work, and as you can tell, I may be putting some $$ into it, so this is kind of a long term quest. It may change, it may not. But as of two and a half weeks this where I want it to go.
Again, thank you for any incite, thoughts, opinions you may have.