RC Enthusiast

E-Revo 1/10 scale or 1/8 ??????

traxxas website says e-revo is a 1/10 scale vehicle but everywhere else it is mentioned as a 1/8 scale offroad truck. any1 knows if traxxas made a mistake on the site or is it really a 1/10 scale offroad truck

RC Qualifier
    If you put a 1:1 stadium truck next to a 1:1 monster truck, there is a significant size difference. So when they are scaled down, a 1:10 monster truck (Revo) is more like the size of a 1:8 stadium truck (truggy). So the 1:10 Revo needs parts (motor, esc, diff) designed for 1:8 applications because of its larger size/weight.
    E-Revo MMM 2200 "The Missile"
    VXL FLM Rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The Revo is, in fact, a 1/10 truck...Traxxas didn't make a typo.

There are lots of factors involved in what makes it a 1/10 truck, not just overall physical size. Sure, it is the same size, and sometimes bigger than a 1/8 truggy, but it still uses 1/10 scale parts...such as the diffs and transmission. One of the main reasons, which is lost on the E-Revo, is the fact that the original Nitro Revo came with a small-block engine, and all other 1/8 scale trucks came with big-blocks. 1/8 parts, especially the diffs, are much beefier than the Revo diffs, because the Revo is 1/10 scale. Also, 99% of 1/8 trucks have true center-diffs and no transmissions...the Revo has a transmission. Sure, there is a center-diff option for the transmission, but it is not the same size or as beefy as a 1/8 center-diff.

Like I said, there are many other factors involved, but these are the highlights.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    seriously, i dont understand how so many people dont understand the logic

a 1:1 monster truck is alot bigger than a 1:1 pickup truck

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_dirtbike
    seriously, i dont understand how so many people dont understand the logic

a 1:1 monster truck is alot bigger than a 1:1 pickup truck
    Yea, no kidding...I tried to explain it to my Dad one time, and he is a very smart man, but he still saw the Revo as the same scale as my 1/8 truggy.

RC Enthusiast
    when i bought the e revo back in dec 08 it was advertised on traxxas website as a 1/8 scale vehicle and then even when the brushless e revo came out it was posted as a 1/8 scale but something just changed and traxxas changed it to 1/10 scale i first noticed when they started advertising the 1/16 scale e revo. thats y i was a bit confused

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I remember the description saying the E-Revo was the same "size" as the 1/8 scale trucks, but never saying it was actually 1/8 scale...the Revos, all versions, have always been 1/10 scale trucks.