Hybrid View

RC Racer

how to charging more then one lipo at a time?

I have a question i have a 200watt 10amp lipo charger that does 1-6cell lipos how many lipos can i charger at once and how would i need to wire them? batterys are *****s 2s 5000mah.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Since it is a 6-cell charger, you can only charge 6 cells total, so...

six 1S cells in series
    three 2S packs in series
    two 3S packs in series
    a 2S and a 3S in series
    a 2S and a 4S in series
    a 5S
    a 6S

As long as the total number of cells in series doesn't exceed 6, and you have the wiring adapter, and a balancer that can handle all the connectors...you can charge them.

In your case, you can charge up to three (3) of your packs at once since they are 2S packs, and three of them equals 6 cells total. You would need a harness to wire all three packs in series, and a balancer that allows you to plug in three 2S balancing taps (or a balance adapter that converts your three 2S balance taps into one 6S balance tap).
    Last edited by Revoš; 04-28-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    thaxs revo so if i charge in series i would charge them as 6s at amps 5 since they are 5000mah? If i would charge 2 in parallel would i be able to charge them at 10amps? 3 batterys would take almost 3hours and 2 should take 1 hour I am right. You know where i can find the connections to make the Balancer Harness does radio shack stock them?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vito357si
    thaxs revo so if i charge in series i would charge them as 6s at amps 5 since they are 5000mah? If i would charge 2 in parallel would i be able to charge them at 10amps? 3 batterys would take almost 3hours and 2 should take 1 hour I am right. You know where i can find the connections to make the Balancer Harness does radio shack stock them?
    Um, before going to Radio Shack(aka: Cell Phone Store) you should check out your local hobby store, if you have one. I really think lipo balance plugs and adapters for them that may need alterations is going to be more than a Sprint cell phone salesman is going to be able to help with.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can't charge the packs in parallel, you have to charge in series, so you will need to charge at no greater than 5 amps since each pack is 5000mAh (5Ah).

It won't take 3 times a long, since the charge is going into all 6 cells at the same time.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo