RC Racer

3s Lipo and charger

Ok, after reading threads I think I am going to try lipo power. Can anyone reccomend me the CHEAPEST combo that will give me a 3s pack and a charger that has AC power and a balancer included. Price is very important, but I also want a decent setup. Thanks, I'll read up on how to charge and care for lipos as this is my first venture into that.

RC Racer

Also, do the ***** battery packs need to have the traxxas plugs installed on them? What is the common connector that comes with most of the chargers? Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Most of the ***** packs have the Deans style T-connector installed. You would need to change them to the Traxxas plug.

Both of my chargers (Hyperion and Triton) did not come with a charge plug, I had to make my own.

This looks like a good all around charger still cheap in price. http://www.*********.com/*********/s...lancer/Charger It looks like it has the Deans style charge connector included. Not sure if it has the Traxxas connector.

I would recommend a Lipo-sack if this is your first time using Lipo.
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=4134

Good luck with your purchase.

RC Racer

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, very appreciated!. One more thing. I will be using two NIMH packs as well, but it appears you can only do that on smooth surfaces with the "speed pinion" included with the truck (according to the manual). Will we be able to downsize the pinion even more and use 12 cells for offroad use as well? I know that will decrease the speed a bit, but if you go to small it may be tough to keep the wheels on the ground. I'm starting to think that the truck may be better with 12 cells run paralell.