RC Racer

Is the mini Revo tough?

I just recently picked up 2 used e revo's 1/16. One was like new all stock and that was for my son. Mine was upgraded with rpm a arms front and rear, steel hollow balls, bearings in the rockers and steering, bluebird servo, sidewinder 3 esc and a center diff. Also the diffs were shimmed.
    So I see people on youtube jumping everything out there and not breaking parts. But I visit other forums and people say they are made of glass. I want to make my sons stronger than it is stock. Did we buy trucks that will break often? We dont race at a track. We hardly ever jump. Most of our rc time for now is racing each other in the back yard or street for fun. We also both own stampedes which after 3+ years have never broke a single part.
    I just want to hear some feedback from you guys that have been driving them for awhile. Thanks
    Pede VXL

RC Champion
    They are somewhat fragile in stock form. After a few upgrades though they can be almost bulletproof.
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler vxl

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone bumpers special the 3 pieces on the belly, boiled stock A-arms or RPM A-arms and you can trow it into concrete walls! lol

RC Qualifier
    I agree, a few upgrades and they are pretty tuff, like was said, upgraded servo, at least RPM front arms. I put RPM arms adjustable toe-links, BlueBird servo, steel hollow balls, and I've amassed people on the abuse this thing takes at skatepark. And don't forget the most imprortant upgrade in my book shimmed diffs!
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Racer
    Thanks for the replies. So with the T bone setup do you remove the factory skid plates? Reason I ask is because I live in the desert and almost after every run I need to remove the center skid plate to remove small rocks. So I am wondering if I would need to remove 2 things to have access to the center driveshaft. Unless someone knows a better way to keep the rocks out. Thanks again.
    Pede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Yes the stock skid plates remain with the T-Bone center skid. I want a full length skid plate that is identical to the three piece stock ones, just all one piece for added strength. You do loose some ground clearance with the T-Bone skid.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Competitor
    I have 2 - one bone stock, and the other has RPM arms around. To me, both are pretty darn tough. We have jumped them, flipped them more times than I would like to say, and have had a ton of fun in doing so. I even ran the stock one into my neighbor's Revo 3.3 (head to head), and nothing broke!

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    If you get the t-bone and rpm arms and a new servo its bulletproof
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Enthusiast
    I've had one and never use it lol. I have it for sale here and I. Ebay but if it doesn't sell I'm upgrading it more .

RC Competitor
    In the year I have owned the erevo I have only broke 1 chassis 2 bulkheads and other small stuff but this was my first rc and I drive it like.......................

RC Competitor
    In my opinion all you will need for durability is shimmed diffs, new servo, ofna wing, center diff or tougher driveshafts, and rpm a arms. For performance get stiffer springs, lipo battery and new tires and wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    Definitely get RPM a-arms on all four corners and shim the diffs properly (get new pinion and gear and stock bulkheads so that everything is tight).
    The other stuff is just if you want to get better performance

RC poster
    I can attest that the RPM arms are a very good durability upgrade. I broke the front stock a arm by jumping off of a roof, no problem with the new one so far.

I basically specifically abuse my MERV and it has held up well compared to the titan I had growing up. The titan I more or less only did planned jumps with. In contrast I just drive the MERV off of anything.
    Last edited by kriskalish; 07-24-2014 at 03:01 PM.