Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    On the Venom Packs...

Yeah, it sounds like some people have good luck, some have bad luck with them. Overall, I've just heard a few too many negative comments, so I'd rather stay away from them.
    It really didn't run that much $ to go LiPo, though. I got a new charger for $125 and an LVC for $25. After that, it's just batteries...and for the ***** 5000's, it's only $28 a pop. Compare these *****'s (which seem to have a good reputation) against $70 Venom NIMH packs (which have a questionable reputation...maybe good, maybe bad) - After purchasing 4 batteries, it's really come out pretty much even.
    Don't want to bash the Venoms...just reporting my experience and the fact that I've heard several identical experiences.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooleguana
    I was looking at getting the ***** batteries too. Seems a good entry. I don't race and they seem to get good reviews. also seeing that I would be placing an order with *********. I was thinking of getting ******* Accucel-8 150W 7A Balancer/Charger. This too had good reviews and sounded like it would be a charger I would only need to buy once. Fufilling my Lipo/Nihm changing needs
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=7523
    I don't think that comes with an AC adapter. Take that into consideration.

RC Champion
    Hey if you're looking for a cheap lipo balancer/charger check this one out: http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html

a buddy just got it last week and it seems to work pretty well.
    RC Addict #341777

RC Racer
    Price is right and unlike that one I was looking at. This one has a power adapter built in

RC Racer
    I love my Zippies! I sold all 8 of my NiMH packs!

Hey if you're looking for a cheap lipo balancer/charger check this one out: http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html
    50 watts. Thats pretty low for these.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    50 watts. Thats pretty low for these.
    The hyperion EOS0606i and Venom Pro are both 50 watt.

The hyperion EOS0606i and Venom Pro are both 50 watt.
    Yes, and they are to small also. I would recommend atleast 150 watts. That will let you charge a 4s at 8 amps. 50 watts will only charge a 3s at 3.5 amps. Once you get into bigger packs it will make a big difference.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Enthusiast
    I am thinking about getting an e-revo and will probably buy some ***** 5000mah 2s 20c lipos. How fast will the e-revo go on these batteries stock and how will the runtime be? Will I need to worry about blowing anything besides from the batteries (I would get a 4s lvc).

RC Qualifier
    I charge my pair of 2s as a 4s and I noticed that it's in the 3.something amps. It's not a big deal as I'm usually not in a hurry.

Www.spcracing.com sells awesome batteries.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Racer
    I GPS'd my stock eRevo on Venom 5000 7cell 8.4's on pavement 46.7km (29mph) on a soccer field 40.8 km (25.4mph) and about 15min of bashing on some dirt hills at a construction site. I'm pretty happy with that speed just hoping some lipos will give me more run time. Banking towards making the switch. Still haven't decided on the charger yet.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooleguana
    I GPS'd my stock eRevo on Venom 5000 7cell 8.4's on pavement 46.7km (29mph) on a soccer field 40.8 km (25.4mph) and about 15min of bashing on some dirt hills at a construction site. I'm pretty happy with that speed just hoping some lipos will give me more run time. Banking towards making the switch. Still haven't decided on the charger yet.
    Supposedly you can get an 8000mah in each side. That should really last you. I would check the measurements of the battery hole and compare them to any LiPos your considering.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Www.spcracing.com sells awesome batteries.
    haha i dont have any of there batteries but i have heard only good comments about there batteries.
    and btw im laughing at your sig and i do agree
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Racer
    I just got a pair of pro-matched 4600's and love them. I got about 35 mins. of bashing at my local bmx track. LOTS of power. I just put 17t gears in and hope to get a little more out of them. Hope this helps.

RC Racer
    I was looking through the archives for chargers. I found this one. "Cellpro 10s" a little pricy but it does 2 pack at a time. Also suppose to safely charge at higher than 1c. Anyone have any experience with this changer?http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applica...0s_charger.htm

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can charge two batteries at the same time on any charger as long as it is capable of charging the total number of cells on both packs (8 total cells for two 4S packs) at the same time...you just need the correct little adapters to wire them in series.

And it isn't the charger that determins how fast it can charge (1C, 2C, etc.), it is the battery itself...if the battery can't be charged at 2C, it doesn't matter that the charger can.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo