RC Competitor

my evx2 wont work.

Well, went to go play with the summit, hit the button the ESC and they glitch like normal...

And then nothing, esc shut off,

I can only get a green, then a red light with the ESc unplugged from the reciever,So i took everything apart, and it worked, so i turned it off and on , off and on, and I was happy, working again!, Then put everything back in, and it wont work, it does nothing plugged into the reciever, but when i pull the wire, i et the green, then red light

me very unhappy!

RC Competitor
    well, after some messing around, Ive fixed it! just went for a bash!

anyways when I hook up my front lights up, the ESC shuts off, with out it hooked up, it works fine

Check your servos, look for an abnormally warm or hot one. I had a bad one and that's how the Esc acted, lights would flicker then it shut off. Unplugging the bad servo would correct the problem...

RC Qualifier
    i would also check the battery you are plugging into the bec side of the esc. I have one and when i plug it into the bec side it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

RC Competitor
    Is it just me or did nobody read his second post? It works fine without the front lights. Then it has to be the lights or wires going to them. I would look for a short in the wiring to the front lights, or check the resistance with a meter if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachandandy
    Is it just me or did nobody read his second post? It works fine without the front lights. Then it has to be the lights or wires going to them. I would look for a short in the wiring to the front lights, or check the resistance with a meter if you have one.
    It may be the lights and it may not be, by disconnecting them you reduce the load on the bec which may keep it from shutting down but still not be the actual problem. I read the post, all of it. I also had a bad servo that caused the exact problem he is having therefore my suggestion of checking the servos is valid. There are others that have had bad servos also.