Thread: Single Lipo

RC Qualifier

Question Single Lipo

Can you run a single 2s lipo,and how fast will that make it go?
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Champion
    just as fast as a single nimh maybee a little faster. its about the same voltage and nimh.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-REVOdreamer
    Can you run a single 2s lipo,and how fast will that make it go?
    Maybe 35 mph with better run time. I know my Slash on a 2s lipo hits about 45 and my run timeis 40+ min. It should be better than the included battery if it's a quality lipo. Watch what you buy.

Yes you can run it on a single battery. Running 2 batteries in parallel will give you better run time though.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    So would it be better to run single 2s or dual nimh?
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    you would be better off running 2s in parallel..better power..amazing runtimes

RC Qualifier
    It's nice Traxxas made it this easy. They need to do a 1/10 version of the 1/16 Slash. I think it would sell very well with a waterproof VXL.

RC Enthusiast
    What are the dimensions for the battery box? Will a maxamps 6500mah 2s lipo fit?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRules
    Will a maxamps 6500mah 2s lipo fit?
    Not by a long shot...

Battery boxes are about 100mmx35mmx20mm. (That's L x W x H, respectively.)
    BP stands for Brushless Powered - LMT1940/7 CF G2R

RC Qualifier
    ^^ agreed..biggest batteries are going to be like 3s 1600 mah..i got these..take two, run them in parallel..you got yourself a 3s 3200mah LiPo at 11.1V, good speeds and good runtimes..if u want lightning speed and low runtime(compared to 3s in parallel)..u can go 2s Lipo in series for 14.8 v ..but the stock LVC no longer works..but it has been said that the ESC can handle it, but the stock LVC cannot.

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6539 <- 3s Lipo Battery

biggest mah i could find..for a VERY decent price

might be tight in the battery box..if push comes to shove just grab a dremel..but for their price and reviews i said "why not"..

a few people on here seem to be going with *****s for the battery choice.. supposedly maxamps is going to be launching LiPos for these minis though, the same ones that they made/used specifically for the recent RCX in cali last week, so you might wanna wait around and see if you don't feel comfortable with the *****s
    Last edited by suprafanatic26; 04-23-2009 at 10:12 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the quick answers. I currently have a rustler vxl and this mini e-revo looks very cool, so I would probably sell it if I were to get the e-revo. I may just have to sell the vxl haha.

RC Qualifier
    According to the Traxxas rep at RCX 3s lipo will get you to 45mph.
    Calandra CRC Gen X 10 235mm setup

RC Qualifier
    Weren't they running Maxamps 3s lipo's in them at the RCX show?

RC Qualifier
    I don't know but while checking the both of the offroad I saw a gang load of nimh packs with Traxxas on them. I don't think Traxxas sells lipos?

Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Weren't they running Maxamps 3s lipo's in them at the RCX show?

RC Qualifier
    these seem to be the ones that they were running..o0ops..i had heard that they were like a custom pack for the 1/16 series..guess not..just the regular 1550hv lipos

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-1550-111-Pack.htm

here is a pic from the RCX

RC Qualifier
    Don't think I want 3S. The MA 2200 2S run them in parallel. Be interesting to see what kind of run time with that set-up. My goal is 40 mph with no less than 40min run times. If these can hit that I will end up with two sets. That and a few portable ramps to lay out on any ball field I can find.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafanatic26
    these seem to be the ones that they were running..o0ops..i had heard that they were like a custom pack for the 1/16 series..guess not..just the regular 1550hv lipos

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-1550-111-Pack.htm

here is a pic from the RCX

$75 each for that battery!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    $75 each for that battery!
    Ya thats what i said..so i just went with *****s, which is what everyone else is going with its like 18$ for the same battery just no fancy label, and not waterproof , but they have good reviews !

RC Qualifier
    Guys I have been using Yeah Racing lipo for my pan car and these have been good to me. The price compared to other companies way below what others are asking for the same mah. I done a search and they have a 2s 1700 25c for a bit more than the ***** but the burst will give you a slight edge. Maybe worth the extra bucks.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=646&parent=72

RC Qualifier
    those don't seem bad at all..just the *****s are $18 for 3S..not 2S..once u go 3S with the Yeah Racings..they don't fit in the 1/16 traxxas..

I mean, don't get me wrong..if you want to go 2S..u might as well just stay Ni-Mh..its about the same price, but Ni-Mh will be safer (risk factor[fire safety] vs. speed+runtime)

Quote Originally Posted by espresso1967
    Guys I have been using Yeah Racing lipo for my pan car and these have been good to me. The price compared to other companies way below what others are asking for the same mah. I done a search and they have a 2s 1700 25c for a bit more than the ***** but the burst will give you a slight edge. Maybe worth the extra bucks.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=646&parent=72

RC Qualifier
    I'm down with 3s but look at the burst of the ***** and Yeah. ***** 20c Yeah 25c, again it might not matter much but that little bit of extra burst might be fun.

RC Qualifier
    might be..but 2s 25C vs 3S 20C..i think the 11Volts would be more fun then the 7V..unless your gonna wire two in series...but then that is a whole different story.

I don't want to have to go and do a whole new LVC..so I plan on just doing (2x)3S 11.1V 1600MaH in Parallel = 3S @ 11.1 V 3200MaH

RC Racer
    anyone have a link to a 4s LVC?