RC Racer

Extended Chassis

Do you think anyone will come out with an extended chassis with bigger battery boxes? I wouldn't mind if it was like a traxxas thing or if its plastic.
    Just a thought.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Champion
    im not sure about the extended chassis but i would love bigger batt boxes.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

extended chassis only gona make the car bigger n make it more of a 10th scale no? or a 1/12th... id rather keep my small as possible, after all that is its main purpose 2 b small!

RC Racer
    I can't believe you guys are complaining.... 50 MPH is not fast how fast you want the thing to go.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    I can't believe you guys are complaining.... 50 MPH is not fast how fast you want the thing to go.
    I don't think speed is the issue. People want 1 hour run time.

RC Racer
    your getting over 40 min. of run time with lipos.How long you want the thing to run.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyTire
    I don't think speed is the issue. People want 1 hour run time.
    WOW,
    1 hour run time?
    I'd need a chair and an umbella!
    Why not just another set of batteries?
    The Traxxas manual even says you need to let the truck cool off.
    I find any run time over 1/2 hour is really over kill....

I don't know about extending the frame just for bigger batteries. That would be allot of work, not just the frame, but driveshafts and probably a few other things. TALLER battery trays would be nice, though, so a 3s or 4s version of your favorite 2s Lipo could fit.

RC Racer
    Like i'ma tell you? ok i live right behind you.
    have a ESC fan and a motor fan. run times can jump 2x more then standerd. so if your running 20mins tops,which i believe would be stock with duel packs NIMH's. (probably less if i'm wrong.) then with Lipo of 2000mah+ duel serise you can probably cook up to 1hour. just make sure to watch those temps. (and have fans on both ESC and motor) .
    What a Losi doing on TRX Forums? Will never no.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorsduder
    have a ESC fan and a motor fan. run times can jump 2x more then standerd. so if your running 20mins tops,which i believe would be stock with duel packs NIMH's. (probably less if i'm wrong.) then with Lipo of 2000mah+ duel serise you can probably cook up to 1hour. just make sure to watch those temps. (and have fans on both ESC and motor) .

Run times will not jump 2x with a fan on the motor and a fan on the esc..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    your getting over 40 min. of run time with lipos.How long you want the thing to run.
    Wonder if you couldn't break an hour running 2 2200's from MA?

RC Qualifier
    Didn't Traxxas use MA 1550 3s at the RCX show for their demos?????????

RC Racer
    forget a extended chassis how about a graphite one?

RC Competitor
    or a carbon fiber one(:

RC Qualifier
    Unless a bunch of you have driven 1/18 or smaller, you don't have any idea how hard these small trucks will be to control. I bought my wife a 1/18 Mini Monster Baja and installed a Tekin brushless system with a 7.4-2000mah Maxamp battery and that thing is a runs pretty fast and is a handful to drive. I have been driving Jato's, Revo's, E-Revo's and thought that that little truck would not be that hard, how wrong I was!!!!!

RC Qualifier

Fat, old and retired......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobsrevo
    Unless a bunch of you have driven 1/18 or smaller, you don't have any idea how hard these small trucks will be to control. I bought my wife a 1/18 Mini Monster Baja and installed a Tekin brushless system with a 7.4-2000mah Maxamp battery and that thing is a runs pretty fast and is a handful to drive. I have been driving Jato's, Revo's, E-Revo's and thought that that little truck would not be that hard, how wrong I was!!!!!
    Thats because you're too old, too fat, with too much time on your grubby little paws....... I've seen your wife manhandle you at the track, you best stay in the pits and off the drivers stand..........
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sellinchevs
    Thats because you're too old, too fat, with too much time on your grubby little paws....... I've seen your wife manhandle you at the track, you best stay in the pits and off the drivers stand..........
    Well, I am glad you know him.

And as said, 50 mph is going to be stupid FAST!!!

RC Qualifier
    Sellinchevs, you better go back to building your seven Jato's to see what's the matter with the eighth, besides, you'll buy one of these have it for a day and your ole lady will tell you to sell it like you have to with everything else< i wouldn't throw rocks when I live in a glass house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you guys have noooo idea how hard it is to drive mini's. I have a mini-t on a 2s lipo and it is a hand full. The slightest flick of the trigger will flip it on it's back. I am going to run a 3s in My e revo.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    If these Mini slashes reach 50mph - they will self-destruct or turn into a ball of energy and disappear
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Yeah you guys have noooo idea how hard it is to drive mini's. I have a mini-t on a 2s lipo and it is a hand full. The slightest flick of the trigger will flip it on it's back. I am going to run a 3s in My e revo.
    If you're going to run it on 3S, aren't you asking for bigger handful of flipover action???? Isn't running on 2X2S going to be adequate power and great runtime?
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved