RC Qualifier

Ride height questions?

So - the Summit has mad flex and I love it for crawling. But - when I want to open her up and let her fly she bottoms out on everything. If you looks at the truck from the rear the arms come out straight horizontally - there is almost no downward angle.

What have you all done about the ride height of you Summits? I would like to know if I need to adjust me Shocks (coilover) or just leave them alone. Upon further inspection of my jump yesterday, the bottoming out is what caused the truck to take a nose dive and break the front bumper mount.

Thanks.
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    I have just turned the pre load on the back maybe 3 or 4 threads and that helps a lot. Make sure you do any adjustments with the batteries in since the change the whole way the truck sits.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    How has the offroad performance been effected (crawling)?
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Yes, for the sagging under acceleration, you can just screw the pre-load adjuster down to tighten up the spring.

As for the bottoming out, the only way to help this is to; A. buy stiffer springs, from the factory the Summit has orange in the front, and yellow in the back. B. change the viscosity of the shock oil to a heavier weight, from the factory the Summit has SAE-50W or C. change the hole size in the shock piston. The Summit comes with #2 hole size. If you go to #3, it should stop the bottoming out problem.
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremesummit
    How has the offroad performance been effected (crawling)?
    I tightened mine down just a little, and it helped allot. I think it does better off road, it seems to stay higher on the rocks, and bottoms out(on the rocks, not jumping) much less(not that it happen allot before.).
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    I turned down the preload rings and tho my Summit rides higher, I feel that mine lost crawling capability. Yes, it clears a few more things but I still couldn't climb some things I could climb before. Unfortuantly, I make changes fast enough that I'm not positive it was the pre-loads, it might also have been tire wear\changes. I also lightened the rig a bit and that also would hurt crawling under certain circumstances. I wish I had been more methodical about keeping track of performance vs. mods.

I also have purchased (sitting on my parts shelf already) and intend on installing orange stripe springs in the back.