RC Qualifier

Rear Diff Is Toast!

So i took my nice shiney summit out this evening to bash around with my son and his little RC rubicon he got for his birhtday and noticed mine was making a funny noise under acceleration.

Decided to pull out the rear diff cuz thats where i heard the noise coming from. Looks like i rounded out a couple teeth on the driveshaft input gear and took metal off of about 12 of the "Big Gear" teeth on the inside of the diff. After closer inspection, it looks like the 4 screws holding the big gear onto the diff cup loosened just slightly and this is what caused it.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I knew i should have blue locktighted those when i rebuilt it last time. Kicking myself in the you know where right now.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

RC Qualifier
    Is there a optional replacement input gear and steel replacement gears for the Summit tranny yet???
    "Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kscherer3153
    Is there a optional replacement input gear and steel replacement gears for the Summit tranny yet???
    Yup. did research again and they're identical part numbers to the revo ring gear and input shaft. should have one tomorrow. Gotta love traxxas for building on a sound platform.

I cleaned it all up and put it back together. Removed the little metal chunks and it works better but you can tell when it finds a couple of the really bad teeth. Click, CLick....

Part 5379. 15 at the LHS. 10 +4 shipping on fleabay. I'm kinda impatient so i may make a trip to the store.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-23-2009 at 01:21 AM.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrijo
    Yup. did research again and they're identical part numbers to the revo ring gear and input shaft. should have one tomorrow. Gotta love traxxas for building on a sound platform.

I cleaned it all up and put it back together. Removed the little metal chunks and it works better but you can tell when it finds a couple of the really bad teeth. Click, CLick....

Part 5379. 15 at the LHS. 10 +4 shipping on fleabay. I'm kinda impatient so i may make a trip to the store.

Who makes it because I couldnt find any hopup parts for the input gear and tranny gears even at Robinson

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kscherer3153
    Who makes it because I couldnt find any hopup parts for the input gear and tranny gears even at Robinson
    Traxxas! I also found one on Ebay from some other company. Just gonna get the stock replacement today after work.
    Corrijo

RC Racer
    Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping to rebuild my front diff (assuming I get my warranty parts almost a month now!) this weekend and that's a good thing to be mindful of!
    morgue

RC Qualifier
    hey. my mess ups should be other peoples preventative maintenance. glad to help.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrijo
    hey. my mess ups should be other peoples preventative maintenance. glad to help.

I like that quote....keep it up....lol

RC Qualifier
    So it's all installed and works perfect. Part 5379. Just wanted to finish the post.

Peace fellas,
    John
    Corrijo