RC poster

Question mini too much for newbie?

New to the hobby. Have a stock slash and love it. I want another truck and like what I've heard and seen about the 1/16 Revo, but wondering if the smaller scale means it will be harder to control and if I break it much more difficult to fix? Just curious.
    Slash
    1/16 Revo

RC Qualifier
    it is not harder to control but when you drive it you will get useto the control
    and it has everything the e revo has they made everything smaller so therre are not a lot of parts. they are bult to last, they can do anything.

It will have totally different control characteristics than the slash. The mini's (revo and slash) are 4wd, verse the full sized slash being 2 wd. Tire size, suspension set up, power plant (brushed verse brushless), pretty much everything on it will make it handle differently. The added speed will make it tougher at first, but use throttle control, and you should be fine.

RC Qualifier
    Smaller parts mean they'll be a bit harder to work on, but it's not like they just stuck a Revo on the photocopier at 50%; things have been redesigned to use reasonable sizes of screw, so repairs shouldn't be terrible. On the plus side, micro-sized trucks are a lot more durable because they weigh so much less. If you ram into a curb, the parts have to absorb or deflect much less energy, so even though they're smaller they can take more abuse.

RC Competitor
    i wonder if there gonna use phillips heads on the hardware or ifs gonna be all hex like the full sized. I hated working on my mini t and mlst cause the phillips always striped the hea
    2 BLER'S
    2 Revos Big Blocks
    Summit
    8ight T

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyrevo
    i wonder if there gonna use phillips heads on the hardware or ifs gonna be all hex like the full sized. I hated working on my mini t and mlst cause the phillips always striped the hea
    On the details page for the 1/16 erevo it says: "Hex Hardware
    Pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware is used throughout for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech-look and feel."
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3
    Supermaxx 4.6 Under Construction

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyrevo
    This should answer your question (from http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec..._erevo7108.htm)

1/16 E-REVO VXL FEATURES (MODEL 7108)

Ready-To-Race® with included 6-cell NiMH Power Cell battery
    and charger
    30+mph with included NiMH battery,
    50+mph with additional NiMH battery
    Revo suspension technology for superior handling and control
    Full-time 4WD
    Velineon® 380 brushless motor—largest in class
    Waterproof electronics
    Torque-control™ slipper clutch
    Sealed differentials
    Realistic all-terrain tires with foam inserts
    Traxxas High-Current Connector
    Metric hex hardware
    Rubber-sealed ball bearings
    Stampede
    Started life as XL-1 then XL-5 now a VXL

RC poster
    Thanks for the input. Ordering 1/16 Revo today!
    Slash
    1/16 Revo