Thread: New E-Revo!!!

RC Enthusiast

New E-Revo!!!

I just got my E-Revo today, and I was wondering what the extra shocks are for. Do they make the suspension stiffer, and if so how hard are they to put on?

Also, how do you make it pop wheelies. I am using a 7 cell 4500mAh battery. Do you have to change the gearing or just put it in reverse and then slam it forward. (Will that strip the gears?)

Thanks...

RC Champion
    Raising the ride height some should help with wheelies and moving the batteries as far back as they'll go too.

RC Racer
    tighten the slipper clutch a la "revo or erbe"

RC Qualifier
    What brand of batteries? I couldn't do it with the old Venom packs I had, but I bought some nice ProMatch 7 cell packs and it will do it now. Make sure you have the traction as well.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Racer
    Tighten up the rear suspension, like bjoe said move batterys back as far as possible, lower pinion and higher spur, high quilty NiMh or Lipos, Venom ok for basic stuff but not the best for the E-Revo, maybe SPC or even Maxamps, the Newer higher capacity Venom batterys like the 5000mah seem to be better then the older ones but you will wheelie out of the box on 2 2S 4000mah 20C or higher batts, problem is the EVX-2 does not have a Lipo cut off so either really good Nimh or lipos with external lipo cutoff.
    If you dont like it, just change the warranty.

RC Enthusiast
    Do you have to put in the tighter suspension, or just twist it to make it tighter?
    I also noticed that is skids when it is floored on the road, and it is front heavy.

Thanks...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vassical
    Do you have to put in the tighter suspension, or just twist it to make it tighter?
    I also noticed that is skids when it is floored on the road, and it is front heavy.

Thanks...
    No wonder your not gonna do a wheelie, your rear suspnesion is super soft, try the stiffer springs that came with the truck and different heavy shock oil for the rear. The adjustable rings on the shocks allow you to set spring preload and ride height but never run them turned all the way down because your truck will just flip and bounch everywhere and will handle bumbs terrible.
    If you dont like it, just change the warranty.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    vassical, please don't get offended, but I want to ask you a few questions...if you know them, or we can explain them to you, you will better understand your E-Revo and what to do to better enjoy it or fix a problem you might have with it.

[1] Have you ever owned another RC vehicle before?
    (a) If so, what have you owned?

[2] Are you at all mechanically inclined, or know the mechanics about cars?
    (a) Like; do you understand how shocks work, (b) what different springs do, (c) what different oil does, (d) and what different pistons do? (e) Do you even know what a shock piston is? (f) Do you understand preload, and what preloading the shock/suspension does?

[3] Do you understand torque, and how changing the gear ratios affects it?
    (a) Do you know which gear the pinion-gear is?
    (b) Do you know which gear the spur-gear is?
    (c) Do you know which to make smaller (less teeth) or larger (more teeth) to change the gear ratio? (d) Do you know which way creates more acceleration and which way creates more top-speed?

Like I said, I am in no way trying to offend you, I am simply trying to find out how much you know so that we can better help you...because it just seems like this may be your very first RC vehicle, and that you don't yet understand the basics of operation, and how/what to change to get the truck to do what you want, or not do what you don't want it to do.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Enthusiast
    1. I have owned an rc car before, but it was a radioshack one so I never had
    to change anything on it. (It wasn't fixable)

2. I know some about cars (basics) I know what different springs (stiffer/
    softer) do, how
    shocks work, and somewhat about oil. I am not sure about the spur and
    pinion gears. I also know about preload.

3. I know a little about spur and pinion gears (I think) A lower number of
    teeth on the pinion gear gives you more torque, and a higher spur (more
    teeth) give you more torque (acceleration) or vise versa.

Honestly, I have no idea really as to how to change anything on it yet such as the spur and pinion gears or the shocks. I guess I will have to learn when it breaks!

RC Racer
    I suggest you read the owners manual thoroughly, very helpfull.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ...and the FAQ!!!

RC Qualifier
    I just got my E-Revo today, and I was wondering what the extra shocks are for. Do they make the suspension stiffer, and if so how hard are they to put on?

Also, how do you make it pop wheelies. I am using a 7 cell 4500mAh battery. Do you have to change the gearing or just put it in reverse and then slam it forward. (Will that strip the gears?)

Thanks...

I use the venom 8.4 5000mah what I did was put the stiffer springs that come with the truck also installed the long travel arms and now I need a new wing, because it is grinding down to nothing with the wheelies, no need to go in reverse and slam it foward goes about 7 cars down the road on the wing
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Enthusiast
    I just finished putting on the heavier springs, but did not put on the long travel rocker arms. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Do the long travel rocker arms aid in popping wheelies, or anything else?

Thanks...

RC Qualifier
    I just finished putting on the heavier springs, but did not put on the long travel rocker arms. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Do the long travel rocker arms aid in popping wheelies, or anything else?

Thanks...
    I have found the stiffer springs and moving the suspension linkage to the highest position gives a good balance of height while keeping it low enough not to flip it. Haven't even tried the long rocker arms yet.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The LT rockers just give it 30mm more travel and a taller ride-height...they might help in wheelies, but make the truck much easier to flip over (traction roll).

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks...

Does anyone know what a good all around use pinion and spur gear is? I will not be going through mud or anything, but snow is a posability, and I would like to be able to pop a wheelie here and there.
    Last edited by vassical; 04-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    E-Revo

RC Racer
    I'd step down to a 16 tooth pinion. Keeps some speed, but gives it a little extra pop off the line. Might help with wheelies.

RC Enthusiast
    Would you still use the same spur gear, or change that as well. Also, will the 16t pinion slow it down a lot, or is it hardly noticeable? I would still like some speed.

Thanks...
    E-Revo

RC Racer
    I would keep the same spur gear if you step down to the 16t pinion.
    I changed it out on mine and the difference was noticeable, but not much. But my local track doesn't have any major straight-aways, so I'd rather have the quickness vs. the top speed. So, yeah, it'll slow you down a bit...but might help with the wheelies.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreycemerson
    I'd step down to a 16 tooth pinion. Keeps some speed, but gives it a little extra pop off the line. Might help with wheelies.
    Will that also keep the motor and battery temps down? With the tighter suspension it will do a wheelie in the grass with a full battery every once in a while when it gets grip. I'm sure a 16t pinion would help.

Thanks...
    E-Revo