RC Qualifier

Traxxas battery packs.

Hey anyone know the Mah rating on the traxxas packs? some people say 1600 but i wanna find out for sure, also if its only 1600 mah wouldnt tha be like 10 min run times? Im just guessing from my 1/10 scale slash, i bought 4500 packs and they last about 20-25 min. Thats what i am looking for. My plan was to buy a couple 5000 mah 7.2 venom packs but if 1600's are gonna give me 20 min run times i dont see the point in going with $55 packs. Please advise. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Take a look at the battery thread.........I'm guessing a compatible 5Kmah might be hard to track down.
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Qualifier
    Yea i read that thread, no mention of what i am looking for, most of the discussion is about lipos, im not going to use lipos. I have already found the 5000 mah batteries. Thanks for the input though.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic1074
    I have already found the 5000 mah batteries. Thanks for the input though.
    Which ones? Will they fit?

RC Qualifier
    if traxxas uses 2/3a cells i think all your gonna get in there is going to be 1600mah... most out there are 1100mah though...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Bobby
    if traxxas uses 2/3a cells i think all your gonna get in there is going to be 1600mah... most out there are 1100mah though...

So you are saying that these will not work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VENOM-1548T-7-2-...3A1%7C294%3A50

RC poster
    Ok found it... there is a thread which states the following:

The battery compartment is 35.5 mm deep by 101.90mm long and 20.30mm high

Don't think the 5000mah packs will fit...

RC Enthusiast
    These are the dimensions for the Venom 5000 mah pack:

Length (135) Width (48) Thickness (25) (millimeters)

These are the dimensions for the 1/16 E-revo battery compartment:

Length (101.9) Width (35.5) Thickness (20.3) (millimeters)

Will it fit? Nope. Did you waste our time by not browsing the forum for threads relevant to this very issue? Yep.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanMavis
    These are the dimensions for the Venom 5000 mah pack:

Length (135) Width (48) Thickness (25mm)

These are the dimensions for the 1/16 E-revo battery compartment:

Length (101.9) Width (35.5) Thickness (20.3)

Will it fit? Nope. Did you waste our time by not browsing the forum for threads relevant to this very issue? Yep.
    I bet you have alot of friends. None the less, thanks for the info.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so these are based on the 3a cells, whatever that is. Can i still use my nimh charger for these packs? I have a Onyx 240. Can anyone point me in a direction on info on the difference between these packs and the standard nimh's?

RC Champion
    1/10 packs are Sub-C sized cells. 1/16 is a rather unorthodox scale but, it along with 1/18th scale packs use 2/3A sized cell. (pronounced like the fraction, two-thirds.)

The easiest way to find compatible packs is to search for 1/18th scale or 2/3A packs. Searching 1/16 will probably find you nothing.

You do not need another charger, electricity is electricity.

Everything is proportional with smaller scale trucks. What I mean is that smaller capacity packs will still give you comparable run times to the big RC's with "normal" packs.

Although Ryan does have a point. There have been countless threads repeating the same topic over and over regarding these kinds of battery packs. No doubt even on page one.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Qualifier
    Yes i understand that just about everything that you could immagine about RC's is on this forum somewhere. But isnt the point of forums to share information? I mean yea i could search for hours find what i am looking for but if that was the case then whats the point, you might as well just post a website with all the information and not allow people to post on it. IMO the point of forums is for people to do just as everyone else does ask questions and get answers from people who know the answer. The way that you people portray this place its like its a sin to ask a question thats been answered before.

I'm sorry but i have better things to do then to sit here for a while and search to find the answer to my question, believe it or not i gave it a try prior to posting, viewed the battery thread, searched google, even went to a few battery manufacture web sites, prolly about 20-30 minutes of research. I came up with some info but not what i was looking for, so thats when i turned to the forum, i get some good info but then get reamed for asking the question. I guess im not an expert forum researcher... Ok imma end my rant and stop posting on your forum. You all are superior to me so ill go back to google where i belong.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 04-20-2009 at 08:15 AM.

RC Champion
    Wow, no reason to whine about it... taking your ball and going home. Your questions got answered.

You are simply being encouraged to read up some before asking the same questions again. There are only 4 pages in the 1/16 scale forum, it shouldn't take you 30 minutes to find what you're looking for. Maybe you're mouse is cursed or something.

I do find it interesting, though, that you were able to tell Noclue123 that his SPC packs will not fit in the battery compartment but now you're not sure if your other 1/10 scale packs will fit.

RC Enthusiast
    "I bet you have alot of friends. None the less, thanks for the info."

I bet you do too, what with your silly insistence on requesting others' valuable time on questions you could very well answer yourself with a small modicum of effort. Several threads with obvious, unambiguous titles like: "Official Battery Compartment Size" are posted on the first two pages of the 1/16 E-revo thread, so your reckless exaggeration on the amount of research required is either an outright lie or your research skills suck.

Do I need to launch into an analysis on why it's proper etiquette to do your research before requesting others to invest their time answering your questions, questions previously addressed in past threads? Give me a break, just concede your breach of etiquette like a man and drop the ridiculous assumptions about how many friends I have on the basis of a few online posts.

RC Qualifier
    haha oh boy.....

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, sorry for the obnoxious turn this thread took, but I believe some folks need an emphatic demonstration on just how sorry their reasoning skills really are.

RC Qualifier
    Why is it people don't READ about these kits first. I thought Traxxas did a nice job getting things together on the site.

RC Racer
    Fanatic1074, I don't beleive that Venom pack will fit. It's for 1/10th sized cars. Even if it did fit, it's a Venom. If you have never put Venom and danger together than do a Google search for something like "Venom battery explosion" and you will soon know about there bad reputation.
    tycoonman

RC Qualifier
    a couple of these in parallel should be nice

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idproduct=6539

RC Champion
    Ya I bet they raise their prices again, too.
    It's near criminal what they did.

RC Competitor
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2BSI%26otn%3D4
    Found these should work awesome for the price im just gonna sell my trx pack when i get it should almost pay both for these!
    2 BLER'S
    2 Revos Big Blocks
    Summit
    8ight T

RC Qualifier
    I was at RCX and asked them how much Mah and runtime they told me 7 to 10 min runtimes on a battery pack the battery pack is 1200Mah
    http://www.youtube.com/user/josephdelrio

RC Qualifier
    The Maxamps 1550 2s lipo's are what I will get. That will be very nice. Under $120 with 3 year/300 cycle warranty, waterproof, not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMavis
    "I bet you have alot of friends. None the less, thanks for the info."

I bet you do too, what with your silly insistence on requesting others' valuable time on questions you could very well answer yourself with a small modicum of effort. Several threads with obvious, unambiguous titles like: "Official Battery Compartment Size" are posted on the first two pages of the 1/16 E-revo thread, so your reckless exaggeration on the amount of research required is either an outright lie or your research skills suck.

Do I need to launch into an analysis on why it's proper etiquette to do your research before requesting others to invest their time answering your questions, questions previously addressed in past threads? Give me a break, just concede your breach of etiquette like a man and drop the ridiculous assumptions about how many friends I have on the basis of a few online posts.
    Ryan, you are way out of line here. I am closing the thread because of this. Your first answer was condescending, this post was belittling and your final post was downright rude.

It would be nice if everybody used the search function. The fact is that some do and some donít and some never will. Flaming the new guys or anybody else for that matter, because of it is never acceptable. If you are that irritated by the post, quickly click the back button and go to a different one.

You are new here too or you would have realized already that we are very noob friendly and try to encourage them rather than discourage them. Flaming on our boards is rewarded with points. Continued flaming is rewarded with your account being closed

Everybody remember, play nice. We request it, you agreed to it when you signed up and this is our playground.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn