RC poster

toughest truck ever

I hear about everyone breaking their diffs and other stuff breaking, I have not broken a single part. I had this truck since it was released and I have not had to do one thing to the Summit except clean it off after dirty runs. The truck has been everywhee rocks,track,park, ice plants. This is the first rc viechle I have had that have gone more than a couple months without breaking anything, and I run everyweekend. I only shift and unlock while moving slowly never while speeding or dead stop.
    Last edited by scotmash; 04-18-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Summit, and slash tear it up

RC Qualifier
    Well thats good to here.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    great to here!!!!!!!.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Competitor
    I got mine 3 days ago, living on a farm i can bash when I want, where I want,

after 5 runs, nothing broken. although i thought a couple times i did foresure

RC Qualifier
    the only thing i broke on my truck, but was able to super glue it was the rear bumper where you carry the truck from, and i have hit many trees and tumbled down many of hill and so far nothing broken.

RC Racer
    I've only broken the front and rear bumper mount and that was from landing on concrete nose first and rear first off a snow bank at 30 deg outside. I have over 100 runs on her.

The Summit is definitely one though a** truck!
    Sig edited for content.

RC Qualifier
    I second that, my co-worker went camping this weekend and took it with him quading. Well he tried to go where the quads go and ended up sinking his summit in 3 foot of mud and after fishing it out with a stick he was able to continue driving it for another hour. The only bad thing is the tires soaked up the mud and water. Besides that the truck runs the same. The summit can truly go anywhere!!!!

RC Racer
    I have had not one problem the only thing i have had to do to my summit is lube the transmition pin that switches from high to low gear
    yes it is very fast and NO! you can not drive it!

RC Qualifier
    I've broken 3 bumper mounts. 2 rear and 1 front. I've snapped a couple shock caps after an unfortunate meeting with a steel telephone pole and i've replaced a couple 2065 servos due them just quit working. Other than that, I've owned many RC's (O.G. rc-10, HPI RS4 nitro, first e-maxx, whole bunch of other stuff.) and this one takes the cake on durability.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

I dropped mine nose first off of an 8' wall. The only thing it did was pinch one of the wires on the front lights. 5 minutes and an inch of solder, and it's fine. This thing can absorb quite a beating.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    I dropped mine nose first off of an 8' wall. The only thing it did was pinch one of the wires on the front lights. 5 minutes and an inch of solder, and it's fine. This thing can absorb quite a beating.
    LOL, exactly the same thing with me. Slammed into something, pinched the passenger side front LED. A little solder, and good to go.

I also am impressed with the durability of this machine. I've made many noob mistakes which resulted in crashes and yet I've broken nothing at all. Honestly, I'm amazed considering the weight of the vehicle.

I've just ordered a buttload of spare parts.,... I have some questions about those I'll post later.

RC Qualifier
    I broke the rear bumper mount/handle coming on a jump vertical. Great truck.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I've certainly beat the **** outta my summit and it keeps on ticking. I've had the rear diff break and the front bumber. Turns out the bumper doesn't take a full throttle crash into the tire of a parked car, lol.