RC Racer

what do you think of this charger?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVRS6
    and also ordered this so i can balance my lipos
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWHH0

is that everything i need to charge and balance my lipos? about how long would it take to charge a 3s 1500ma

That is a pretty good looking charger. 1 hour to charge. It will charge at 1c as most chargers do. Yup, that is everything you need.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    ok thanks dude. i ordered it today but was just wanting to make sure i got everything. Its on backorder till the eng of april but thats ok. I was going to order battarys today but they are out of stock and i dont really have the money for them yet anyways. I haven't even got the truck and have spent $411 so far!

RC Champion
    kind of expensive for it's limited capabilities. Hyperions new G3 lipos can handle a 5C charge rate, are you sure you only want a 5a charger.
    My tranny case is stock :D

Quote Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46
    kind of expensive for it's limited capabilities. Hyperions new G3 lipos can handle a 5C charge rate, are you sure you only want a 5a charger.
    I agree up to a point. The Triton line of chargers is top notch as far as quality - rock solid, don't have to even think about it performance. But you are right about the capabilities. Only one charge bay, and maximum of 5A rate make it a bit limited. I have a Hyperion Duo, and even that one isn't able to keep up with my battery packs. With the new 5c charge ability on Lipos, you are going to need a nuclear power plant to keep up with the batteries. . .

RC Champion
    I have a pair of TP1010-C clones, an Astro 109, and a small 1a 3s charger. The two clones get the most use, followed by the little 1a unit for charging TX packs.

Thunder power approved 3c charges with the 1010-C charger/balancer combo a couple years ago, Flight Power Evo 20/Evolite cells were aproved for 2.5C rates around the same time. So faster charging isn't really brand new, seems the car forums are behind the times when it comes to battery tech.

I charge my 1100mah A123's at 8.8a. 6min run time are not an issue when I can charge two packs in the same 6 min My trucks run more than 6min though

My next charger will be along the lines of this http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTECH-VARIABLE...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Last edited by buzzsaw 46; 04-17-2009 at 02:53 PM.

RC Racer
    i had to cancel that order bc they didn't get my discount right. what charger should i get? preferably from tower.

I'm just charging some 3s and maybe a 4s *****s

RC Champion
    The likelihood of needing more than a 5A charge rate for these trucks is next to nothing.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46
    My next charger will be along the lines of this http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTECH-VARIABLE...3A1%7C294%3A50
    That isn't a charger, that is a power supply, and one that is WAY over priced for our hobby, because of all the unnecessary adjustments. You can pick up a very high quality used MeanWell power supply from eBay for less than $30 that will have all the output amperage of the one you linked to.

RC Qualifier
    This is what I am using but I also run 10 scale and need to charge big lipos. If you are not considering 10 scale, listen to the above guys for some cheap chargers for under $50. If not invest in a good charger like the Hyperion

http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm
    Calandra CRC Gen X 10 235mm setup

RC Racer
    whats a good cheap charger to charge my 3s lipos and balance them. Its got to be from tower though.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso1967
    This is what I am using but I also run 10 scale and need to charge big lipos. If you are not considering 10 scale, listen to the above guys for some cheap chargers for under $50. If not invest in a good charger like the Hyperion

http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

That's only a 5A charger, are you thinking of getting a bigger charger?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh7owens
    whats a good cheap charger to charge my 3s lipos and balance them. Its got to be from tower though.

Are you using this for the minis?

RC Qualifier
    Not at the moment no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    That's only a 5A charger, are you thinking of getting a bigger charger?
    Calandra CRC Gen X 10 235mm setup

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Are you using this for the minis?

yea its just for the mini

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    That isn't a charger, that is a power supply, and one that is WAY over priced for our hobby, because of all the unnecessary adjustments. You can pick up a very high quality used MeanWell power supply from eBay for less than $30 that will have all the output amperage of the one you linked to.
    I wont explain it to you in detail but that Mastech can be used to charge lipo and A123 without an additonal charger. So in essence it's is a charger capable 600watts of output. Compare that to the 80watts the triton is capable of and the price starts to look more apealing...