Thread: On road tires

On road tires

Looking at the 2.2" Anaconda tires from the rear of the Bandit. I think they would make excellent on road tires for the mini eRevo. Not quite a bolt on, though. The mini has a 4mm axle, and a 12mm hex adapter. The Bandit has 5mm axles, and no hex adapter. Pre-mounted wheels/tires probably won't work. Also, the wheels for the mini are 53mm, which is 2.1". . . Not sure if the larger 2.2" tires would stay on the mini's rims. . . Anyone out there have an idea?

Can't wait to get this thing!!!

RC Racer
    Anacondas are only 2.8 so I think your out of luck.

Rustler/Jato Anacondas are 2.8". Bandit Anacondas are 2.2".

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    Looking at the 2.2" Anaconda tires from the rear of the Bandit. I think they would make excellent on road tires for the mini eRevo. Not quite a bolt on, though. The mini has a 4mm axle, and a 12mm hex adapter. The Bandit has 5mm axles, and no hex adapter. Pre-mounted wheels/tires probably won't work. Also, the wheels for the mini are 53mm, which is 2.1". . . Not sure if the larger 2.2" tires would stay on the mini's rims. . . Anyone out there have an idea?

Can't wait to get this thing!!!
    You can get the tires seperatly. They will fit any 2.2" rear buggy wheel.

Then you have two options on wheels.

1 - You can find a buggy rear wheel that is a 12mm hex and I am not sure there are any.

2 - You can just not use the hex and use the pin only. Most buggy wheels are pin drive anyway.

But I have a set of anacondas from a bandit so I will check it out when my e-revo arrives in a month or so.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    The only problem though is that according to the parts list both trucks use 8mm wheel hexes.
    -Bob-

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge_guy43
    The only problem though is that according to the parts list both trucks use 8mm wheel hexes.
    That sucks if true. Says 12mm on the tower description. I cant imaging them going with 8mm on a truck with so much power.
    Last edited by Jason_garrison; 04-15-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    Pretty sure most of the descriptions say 12mm

RC Racer
    Even the rear bandit anacondas are 2.2?

Got the bandit, and the wheels. Yep, 2.2"

Direct from the info page:

"Each corner of the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is equipped with soft-compound Talon tires that are mounted and pre-glued on impressive 53mm Gemini chrome wheels. 12mm mounting hexes open the door to additional wheel and tire combos to tune traction for specific surfaces—even foam tires for carpet racing."

12mm hexes, 4mm shafts, and 53mm (2.1") wheels. . .

I really want to do this. What it comes down to is can a wheel designed for a 5mm shaft be heald steady enough by the 12mm hex when installed on a 4mm shaft? Or will a 2.2" tire stay on a 2.1" wheel if enough superglue is used?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Some 1/10th ProLine Road Rage tires would be great.

RC Qualifier
    when i get a chance ima go buy 4 real nice rims offa tower that r 2.2 and then go buy 2 sets of rear bandit annacondas and then put them togather and then ill have a set of street tires and a set of off road tires.
    oops 40% my bad