Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Exclamation Come on guys just leave it stock!

The poor traxxas R&D department at traxxas went through a lot creating a Mini scale e-revo that comes brushless,waterproof,and with a battery and charger and we(the customer) are already thinking of ways to ghetto rig them. The VXLm system might be much more then we expect and much more then we need. There arent any big complaints about the VXL3s system minus tunability! So lets just try it out and see what we get!

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-15-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Champion
    that would be no fun then!!!

RC Racer
    are you crazy?

RC Qualifier
    I said I'd leave my summit stock but I added an LVC and some lipos. Nothing drastic. I can't wait to get hte mini e-revo. What a deal with battery and charger. Plus it's lipo ready...oh boy oh boy oh boy!
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Competitor
    why would someone tell us what to do with our trucks? ok but wait if you buy me one i will leave it stock forever! do we have a deal?

RC Racer
    That's redic dude!

RC Champion
    but half the fun is working and exploring them.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris York
    but half the fun is working and exploring them.
    exactly haha

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Revos
    The poor traxxas R&D department at traxxas went through h#ll creating a Mini scale e-revo that comes brushless,waterproof,and with a battery and charger and we(the customer) are already thinking of ways to ghetto rig them. The VXLm system might be much more then we expect and much more then we need. There arent any big complaints about the VXL3s system minus tunability! So lets just try it out and see what we get!

This post/thread makes me want to put the 10th scale ERBE MMM and neu system in it now... Or perhaps a HV ESC and a 10s......

Besides, what do you care what guys do to there own truck that they worked hard to buy?......
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    This post/thread makes me want to put the 10th scale ERBE MMM and neu system in it now... Or perhaps a HV ESC and a 10s......

Besides, what do you care what guys do to there own truck that they worked hard to buy?......
    fo shizzle hahaahaha

RC poster
    I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I think it may actually be illegal to keep an RC car stock .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxastmaxx
    fo shizzle hahaahaha
    word dawg..
    Alloutrc.proforums.org

RC Qualifier
    i by noo means said leave it completely stock but im reading some of these forums and theres people trying to add Monster Mamba Max 2200KV systems and dual vxl3s systems and crap. Thats insane and dumb. Treat the truck like a mini because thats what it is.Also if you want to ruin your trucks go for it. I'll get mine truck in june and dare to be different and just add some look mods.
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Qualifier
    lol I really dont want to police the rc world but can anyone make sense of a MMM 2200kv system in a 1/16th scale truck
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Competitor
    lol I really dont want to police the rc world but can anyone make sense of a MMM 2200kv system in a 1/16th scale truck
    i guess some people are crazy!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    im reading some of these forums and theres people trying to add Monster Mamba Max 2200KV systems and dual vxl3s systems and crap. Thats insane and dumb..
    Thats whatever the owners choice is.. What makes sense to one might be stupid to another but thats the great thing about the hobby..

RC Qualifier
    Thank u there were people talking about running MMM 2200kv systems in a 1/16th scale revo and dual vxl3s systems!!!!I dont want to keep it STOCK just within reason!
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Racer
    Thank u there were people talking about running MMM 2200kv systems in a 1/16th scale revo and dual vxl3s systems!!!!I dont want to keep it STOCK just within reason!
    well more than half the fun is breaking it then taking it apart and fixing it for god sake!
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775

RC Qualifier
    Well with that i dont disagree but i really think some people should be logical
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Champion
    i really think some people should be logical
    I'm going to put a Villian boat propeller on mine powered by a separate button-cell battery so that when I'm doing speed runs, I'll give me an extra boost from all that air flow.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Qualifier

Thats crazy funny

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    I'm going to put a Villian boat propeller on mine powered by a separate button-cell battery so that when I'm doing speed runs, I'll give me an extra boost from all that air flow.
    Thats tooo good! LOL
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Qualifier
    As fast as some of these go what do you guys do other than drive in straight lines? It's funny that drag rc isn't a huge deal. Most of the vids are speed runs up and down streets. Does anoyone honestly drive them on a track? I have no problem with what people do with their kits. Just seems alittle boreing. But hey thats just me. Enjoy doing what ever you want. lol This is going to be a long wait.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    As fast as some of these go what do you guys do other than drive in straight lines?
    Roll over when trying to turn. Run into things that jump out in front of my truck, like garages, curbs, and more garages...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by koolwhipman
    Roll over when trying to turn. Run into things that jump out in front of my truck, like garages, curbs, and more garages...
    hahahaha exactly.

RC Champion
    As fast as some of these go what do you guys do other than drive in straight lines? It's funny that drag rc isn't a huge deal. Most of the vids are speed runs up and down streets. Does anoyone honestly drive them on a track? I have no problem with what people do with their kits. Just seems alittle boreing. But hey thats just me. Enjoy doing what ever you want. lol This is going to be a long wait.
    I find a nice park with a lot of acreage, preferably a dry retention pond in it and let my revo fly There happens to be a park just like that near my place. I'm not really interested in racing. Just enjoy bashing and working on rc's.

RC Qualifier

I have to agree. While I am 100% online with doing want you want with your ride I also feel that speed runs up and down the road must get boring. For me, I sacrifice some speed for run time and then simply look for areas that are fun with out doing 50 to 60mph. You would be surprised just how much fun can be had in the sub 30mph ranges given the right environment.
    Yep, yours is faster. OH; and it's broken too!

your right at the end of the drag track they should set up a jump and watch people drive off the jump going 100mph

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hayes
    your right at the end of the drag track they should set up a jump and watch people drive off the jump going 100mph
    HAHAHA I don't see why more people who love pure speed don't drag race. As far as going insane fast with this size of kit good luck. My RC18's are all stock and I have to tell you that 20mph at this scale is fast. I have seen guys drop in insane brushless and it is to much. They really do take off and flip over and that's pretty much it. These are off road kits. What you need are on-road set ups with bodies that create tons of down force on the front end as you get into your high speeds. These two kits aren't set up to do much once you hit 50mph to much air gets under the chassis. Does anyone drag race in here?
    Last edited by Redman65; 04-17-2009 at 08:25 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Redman65 thank you sooooo much! Thats exactly what i was wondering. I like to run mine off-road and jump etc. and 60mph is just alittle too much!!2200kv mmm in a mini???? Come on!!
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Qualifier
    Redman65 thank you sooooo much! Thats exactly what i was wondering. I like to run mine off-road and jump etc. and 60mph is just alittle too much!!2200kv mmm in a mini???? Come on!!
    I have 7 mini's and when you get going to fast just add wings and you are fine. They really do take off. I have no problem with people who like doing the speed run stuff. I get that thrill of pure speed. But I do find it odd that more of these people don't get into drag racing. That could be cool to do. Find a smooth parking lot and go for it. That just isn't for me.

RC Qualifier
    I dont hate on anything that anyone wants to do but i definately wont be spending $300 on a truck and $300 on a brushless and lipo set-up and then spend $200 keeping it running because i continue to run it into curbs. I have spent well over $900 on rc's during one visit to the LHS but i dont see sense in just being able to drive straight stop,turn around and drive back.But thats my opinion so? I really love rc because of the difference in ideas but WOW.
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i dont see sense in just being able to drive straight stop,turn around and drive back.But thats my opinion so? I really love rc because of the difference in ideas but WOW.
    I dont see any sense in it either but it's not the point.. It sure is funny after this was posted thats when you started churpin about going in straight lines...

As fast as some of these go what do you guys do other than drive in straight lines? It's funny that drag rc isn't a huge deal. Most of the vids are speed runs up and down streets.
    But whatever dude... To each there own man..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    I dont see any sense in it either but it's not the point.. It sure is funny after this was posted thats when you started churpin about going in straight lines...

But whatever dude... To each there own man..
    That's what I said.

RC Qualifier
    I'm with you Addicted. I plan on getting one of each, they will stay stock for me. Waterproof brushless is enough for this guy. I may or may not go Lipo. But that's just a preference thing I think.
    -Bob-

RC Racer
    I think im the one that started the MMM set up. I'm not really trying to just go in a straight line. I'm wanting to make it crazy fast up till about 35-45 mph. I want to be able to come out of a turn and punch it and get up to the speed needed to clear the triple. I'm not trying to go 100mph o anything.

also even though the MMM set up could of been my idea i say ill prolly go dual 1/16 scale motors or a 10th scale brushless.

Come on guys just modify the heck out of it and customize it and make it your own!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    Come on guys just modify the heck out of it and customize it and make it your own!!!
    DUDE ITS OR MONEY SO LET US BE!!!!!!! so ya modifi modifi
    Last edited by N8 dawg1290; 04-17-2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Alloutrc.proforums.org

RC Racer
    its the nature of the hobby, its your truck, its your opinions, so have fun and do what you want!!!!!

RC Racer
    I know! You don't buy an rc to keep stock and drive at 20 mph!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by balsa n glue
    I know! You don't buy an rc to keep stock and drive at 20 mph!

50mph

but i think it dosent mader if you keep it stock or not its w/e!!!
    im only going to do a few mods, most would consider stock