RC Racer

Sad, these prices...

I can't get a new mini Traxxas car. They are way to darn expensive. I have decided to unfortunately make my 1/10th slash brushless to reach those same speed and then maybe find a cheap used 1.16th ERevo somewhere. Or, when the parts are released I'll slowly make one as I can afford to get the parts. I know it will be more expensive but I can say I built it, and it's most likely the only way I can sponsor my Slash and Rustler as well. Whats even more sad is that I'm going to have to make my Rustler brushless first. What's good it I'm only going to use the $80 EZ-run system. I just can't wait to touch one of those little guys!

RC Champion
    wait till the prices come down a little, its not even avalible yet!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    plus its coming with its own battery and charger so if you take that away then say 50.00 less the truck are price very good.
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrx794
    plus its coming with its own battery and charger so if you take that away then say 50.00 less the truck are price very good.
    i think itd good that trx is finally makiing a true rtr

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    yea, the prices are self explanatory because of all the included components.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by balsa n glue
    I can't get a new mini Traxxas car. They are way to darn expensive. I have decided to unfortunately make my 1/10th slash brushless to reach those same speed and then maybe find a cheap used 1.16th ERevo somewhere. Or, when the parts are released I'll slowly make one as I can afford to get the parts. I know it will be more expensive but I can say I built it, and it's most likely the only way I can sponsor my Slash and Rustler as well. Whats even more sad is that I'm going to have to make my Rustler brushless first. What's good it I'm only going to use the $80 EZ-run system. I just can't wait to touch one of those little guys!
    sell one of your vehicles

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan1
    wait till the prices come down a little, its not even avalible yet!!!!!!
    Don't hold your breath. They won't come down for a few years. Look at history.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    before getting all hysterical remember this. i watched people freak out over the first prices shown on the revo platinum. and the summit, and the e-revo, and the slash, and the slayer. all the prices first shown were very high. as the release date gets closer we will see prices start to get closer to the final price.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    a few years?!?!?!?!? you have got to be kidding look at the summit it was close to 600$$$ when realeased now it is 469.99$$ at some places!!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    a few years?!?!?!?!? you have got to be kidding look at the summit it was close to 600$$$ when realeased now it is 469.99$$ at some places!!!!!

The first price I saw on the new Summit was $515 and about 450-460 with a cupon..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    The first price I saw on the new Summit was $515 and about 450-460 with a cupon..
    exactley now its 469.99

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    exactley now its 469.99

and that price of $515 was for only about 2 or 3 weeks

I never saw it for $600, and most did not price it that high

RC Competitor
    my local hobby dealer didnt even know about the release of these! wow!!!!!!! but he said he can get me one but i dont think i will be buying one from him because thats crazy a hobby dealer dont even know these things! what do you guys think about this! and there $299 now on all of the websites i chekced amain hobbies is the cheapest so far at $294!

RC Qualifier
    Well the mini e-revo is priced at 295 and the slash at 275. I think thats very reasonable because you get a brushless rtr truck thats waterproof and you get a battery and charger out of the box cant argue with that!
    Traxxas RC for Life!
    +4/-1 feedback

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxastmaxx
    my local hobby dealer didnt even know about the release of these! wow!!!!!!! but he said he can get me one but i dont think i will be buying one from him because thats crazy a hobby dealer dont even know these things! what do you guys think about this! and there $299 now on all of the websites i chekced amain hobbies is the cheapest so far at $294!
    Don't forget that Tower has those 30$ coupons on their website... that makes it 269$ at Towerhobbies.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonnay
    Don't forget that Tower has those 30$ coupons on their website... that makes it 269$ at Towerhobbies.
    thats a great price!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    It is... and if you're a Tower customer you get regular emails with codes that will give you -50$ even, making it a total of 249$, no catches (except the high shipping costs for me to get it overseas )

RC Qualifier
    The price is reasonable enough for me just that theirs other models that I want to buy first. For fewer than three hundred dollars you can get a brushless, brilliantly engineered model with an included battery and charger. And for only about thirty dollars more with the purchase of an additional battery and a battery adapter you can get a rig that can do over fifty! That sounds like a good deal to me.

Every time a new model is released there is always people complaining that the prices are too high. If some one wants the price to fall, wait six to twelve months and you will see a noticeable difference in price. Traxxas are the only ones who know how much these mechanical marvels are worth.
    Last edited by 444Platrevo; 04-14-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    When I bought my Slayer, I paid five hundred and four teen dollars with tax and now someone can buy one for about three hundred and sixty dollars. I wish I waited on that purchase. That way Iím going to continue to wait before I buy a Summit.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Racer
    The prices are fine for what you are getting. If Traxxas excluded the battery and the charger, they would be a little high...

Initial pricing estimates by retailers tends to be higher than the street price once the item is available. Let's wait until the products actually hit the market before we go down this road...
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...