RC Qualifier

titan 775...how fast, how durable?

i know im gonna need a new motor soon because my titans get too hot to touch every run. after 5 minutes today they were too hot to touch. im wondering about the 775. i know theres some people out there using it...how do you like it? is this thing durable? does it get really hot? what gearing are you using? how much faster/slower is it than the titans?

RC Champion
    I like it in my E-Revo so far, but it looks like the 23t pinion will be too big for off road use right now and you will need to dremel the blue twin motor plate so that there is enough room for the motor mount to swing to the right of the truck. I do have the single motor plate and it looks like that will allow for more room use the large pinion with the 68t spur.

RC Champion
    Here's a post that has most of my Titan 775 runs on it with pinions rangine from 14t up to 20t.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....1&postcount=35

RC Racer
    check out my thread i did a few months back with the 775 ryobi 18v motor 20 and 22 teeth. Iam running 62spur and 22pin the motor never gets hot 95f max and esc 115-120f. Dont get the traxxas 775 its crap get a ryobi or dewalt drill motors will last a lot longer. With the ryobi motor i didn't have to drill anything out everything just mounted up like the stock motors.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=460376

RC Champion
    Have you even tried the Titan yet Vito, are you just bad mouthing it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    Have you even tried the Titan yet Vito, are you just bad mouthing it?
    Iam just saying a 775 titans wont last like a drill motor you can also replace the brushes when they go out on the drill motors. With the 775 titan when the brushes get worn its trash. Titan 775 is around $35+ shipping and a dewalt 12v or 18v is around $28 shipped. I know for me the titans didn't last that long on revo about 20 runs and slash 25. My drill motor has over 45+ runs on it and still going strong.

RC Qualifier
    what im worried about with the drill motors is they seem to be much slower than stock. i dont want that, 1-2 mph slower is fine, but dropping the speed from 27-28 to 20-22 is just too much for me how much slower is the kd700ho?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by vito357si
    Iam just saying a 775 titans wont last like a drill motor you can also replace the brushes when they go out on the drill motors. With the 775 titan when the brushes get worn its trash. Titan 775 is around $35+ shipping and a dewalt 12v or 18v is around $28 shipped. I know for me the titans didn't last that long on revo about 20 runs and slash 25. My drill motor has over 45+ runs on it and still going strong.
    thats the same thing that the ryobi is. i guarantee it. the titan is just a m-775. the ones that come out of the drill are 775hc's thats the exact same motor traxxas just puts there sticker on it. and calls it a titan.

RC Champion
    It will be interesting to see how long this one lasts, I've already killed one of each of the stockers.

RC Qualifier
    how high a pinion can you go (basically no potential damage to the car) with the 775 with the stock spur?

RC Champion
    I cannot figure out and never will, why Traxxas can ship a great truck like the Erevo with Titans or in any of their trucks for that matter..

a couple of years ago I went to this park with great slopes and trees (ecxuse my english) in the fall , so a lot of small acorns and nuts and leaves and small branches on the ground...

ran for 5 minutes with stock Titans.. some parts from the ground wrecked the motors almost instantly.. the week before another set died in a puddle of water ...

Went to the same park with a brushless motor... drove for 45 minutes the same place.... still has that Brushless motor and it works great ...

You cannot sell a pricy truck like the erevo with Titans... no offense to all of you who get a lot from your Titans...

me and Titans, a bad mix :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    i bought brushed over brushless cause i want to be waterproof. i dont care that people say that there are ways to make the mmm waterproof, i like knowing the titans are waterproof and that i paid 200$ less. knowing that im waterproof and will only have to pay 30$ for a new motor makes me glad they sell a brushed version.

RC Champion
    Maybe I have just been unlucky.. drove my Titan powered truck into a hole in the football ground at my sons school.. on a rainy day.... goodbye titans...
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    how high a pinion can you go (basically no potential damage to the car) with the 775 with the stock spur?
    I've run anywhere from 12t all the way up to 22t on my 775. Here's the videos of it running with both.

12t and 16.8v, pulling all of my crawler stuff around the back yard in a Gorilla Cart garden wagon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjP021MFU7c

22T and 16.8v with on-road setup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNPLxDPVu1Y

Same set up, but OE tires and with the Go-Pro on board camera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWFsriNg5s

Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    I cannot figure out and never will, why Traxxas can ship a great truck like the Erevo with Titans or in any of their trucks for that matter..

a couple of years ago I went to this park with great slopes and trees (ecxuse my english) in the fall , so a lot of small acorns and nuts and leaves and small branches on the ground...

ran for 5 minutes with stock Titans.. some parts from the ground wrecked the motors almost instantly.. the week before another set died in a puddle of water ...

Went to the same park with a brushless motor... drove for 45 minutes the same place.... still has that Brushless motor and it works great ...

You cannot sell a pricy truck like the erevo with Titans... no offense to all of you who get a lot from your Titans...

me and Titans, a bad mix :-)
    I didn't have much lick with mine either, unless they were in one of my Losi Crawlers (red and black Warthogs in the first video) or my SCX10 (Green and Black Cherokee in same video) and Wheely King (Dark Blue Cherokee in same vid), then they're fine.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    I think Titans are good in crawlers placed high above the ground and not so affected with water and debris then.
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    I think Titans are good in crawlers placed high above the ground and not so affected with water and debris then.
    Actually, in my SCX10 the Titan 21t I ran in that was closer to the ground than in my E-Revo!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Ok... I have a Summit on the wish list and hope I get one before the take it off the market.. dont really have a clue how long Traxxas keeps their models on the scene before they retire them for sale
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER View Post
    what im worried about with the drill motors is they seem to be much slower than stock. i dont want that, 1-2 mph slower is fine, but dropping the speed from 27-28 to 20-22 is just too much for me how much slower is the kd700ho?
    Dewalt is faster than Titan 775 or single KD700ho. On par with dual KD700 ho's. Dewalt can also handle 5s lipo power for serious brushed power and speed.

RC Qualifier
    Well now here's an old thread. I've been brushless since June of 2009. Titan 775 didn't even last me as long as the stock 550s did.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Champion
    I will also bet that when the Summit gets in my garage, it will converted BL in only a matter of time.... if it will maintain its crawling abillity,,,
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    I will also bet that when the Summit gets in my garage, it will converted BL in only a matter of time.... if it will maintain its crawling abillity,,,
    It won't do much for that, you'll probably have drivetrain parts failures left and right too if you go the normal route for BL in one of these. If I were to do so, I'd be looking at some of the airplane outrunners, they have huge amounts low end grunt, decent RPM, and I'm thinking a 15-32 size motor will fit in the E-Revo/Summit mount and be able to use a 5mm pinion on the motor's propshaft!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    Go Tekin and 1700kv motor on 4s lipo. All the speed a Summit with big tires can handle and great crawling ability with no cogging. Enough torque to spin all four on pavement.

RC Champion
    I will remember that. Torque is important on the Summit and I want brushless , period :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    Yea, you'll want low kV with a Summit, too bad nobody makes a waterproof brushless besides the smaller Traxxas stuff.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    I am new a user, and i am very like my E-Revo at moment. and i am trying my best to get familar with it, haw...