RC Qualifier

Place your bets,,,,

Lets see I say in 2 months AE will release the SC 1/16 anyone want to bet. lol Late to the race. Gotta hand it Traxxas they know how to set RC trends.

RC Champion
    IF anything, I would imagine they upgrade their current line of 18s.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

yea they are going to put some different tires on one of there minis and call it a corr truck.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    I can see Losi and AE do something in the mean time to create some comp for Traxxas, but I wouldn't worry about it. Traxxas always comes out w/ something way better that they can't compete with.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dought any one will try and top Traxxas, they keep setting the pace!

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    I can picture AE taking their RC18R platform and stretching it a bit and dropping a CORR body on there. losi, I could picture them doing a mini desert truck (well, another, if you're just going off of the names) using a slightly shorter and wider version of their 1:10 DT body, and the rear roll cage (albeit widened to suit the wider body), using whatever platform they choose to. they'd probably be nice handling little rigs, too. that said, they would just be adaptations of other chassis, and thus wouldn't be as good as a 1:16 slash. and I can't see either Losi or AE being able to bring a brushless mini to the market at a price competitive with the Traxxas. heck, when I bought my RC18T, it was at AE's MSRP of $280, which thinking back, was way overpriced
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    I can see Losi and AE do something in the mean time to create some comp for Traxxas, but I wouldn't worry about it. Traxxas always comes out w/ something way better that they can't compete with.
    Arguably Losi beat Traxxas to the market with a 1/18th scale monster truck by several years with their Mini LST series. Despite that, I intend to get an E-Revo VXL even though I already have a Mini LST2.
    E-Maxx | E-Revo | Slash | Mini-Revo | Rally

Yea, it's good comp I guess. But I'm a true Traxxas fan, so I WILL get defensive and argue that Losi isn't AS good. So sorry for all the other fans. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTallack
    Arguably Losi beat Traxxas to the market with a 1/18th scale monster truck by several years with their Mini LST series. Despite that, I intend to get an E-Revo VXL even though I already have a Mini LST2.

The new 1/16th Revo will whoop on the Losi..

RC Champion
    crash test.... 10 mph crash, e revo: 5 star
    crash test.... 10 mph crash, minilst: obliterated
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    My Mini-LST2 hasn't broken a single part and it's running a 9200kv Motor on 3S. Trust me it can handle far more than a 10mph crash.

RC Qualifier
    I know Losi has sent out a teaser to their Losi Insider peeps. It mentions a new RTR debut at the RCX show April 18th and 19th. It will NOT compare to the Mini Slash and Revo!!!!!
    -Bob-

yea, I would say the same for Traxxas, much better, but that is me just saying what I know. lol

RC Champion
    My Mini-LST2 hasn't broken a single part and it's running a 9200kv Motor on 3S. Trust me it can handle far more than a 10mph crash.
    True that. Most mini's are rather durable. More so than their larger counterparts in my experience.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    yea they are going to put some different tires on one of there minis and call it a corr truck.
    I could see that happening.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

Lol, yea, me too. Kinda funny and somewhat sad when you think about it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I'm so sorry, did you say your mini losi can only take a 10mph crash?

lol, bring in the smack-talk!!!! lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    I was running my wifes LST2 stock and had a servo go bad after 3 or 4 packs. Got that replaced and not to much longer after that the gears stripped and I couldn't get the main gear to stay seated properly so I gave up on it and took the 2.4 radio out and will use it elsewhere in the future. I have to give Losi a thumbs up on the LST2's suspension. Very nice!! If Traxxas nails that with the 1/16 E-Revo and if the price isn't to high Losi is in real trouble. I love the Mini-T. By the way I was rather surprised at how defensive Spektrum was when I asked them what I needed to do to use their radio with the Traxxas electronics. Their response, "we don't deal with Traxxas". I love the radio but what a pathetic response to give someone who purchased their product.
    Last edited by Redman65; 04-10-2009 at 09:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    lol, bring in the smack-talk!!!! lol
    I just want to clarify, i'm no fanboy to any brand. I run Axial, HPI, Traxxas, Losi, Tamiya, even Duratrax. I just buy whichever RC meets my needs for what I want to do with it. I just don't like when people dismiss a certain RC without justification.

I just want to clarify, i'm no fanboy to any brand. I run Axial, HPI, Traxxas, Losi, Tamiya, even Duratrax. I just buy whichever RC meets my needs for what I want to do with it. I just don't like when people dismiss a certain RC without justification.

Same here man! Same here. I have no beef w/ any of the brands. Maybe a little, especially if I'm on either one of the forums, I back up the company that I'm on the forums of.

RC Qualifier
    I love my Mini-T. Fun little truck and very affordable. As for my wifes mini LST2, not so much. A shame Losi couldn't get the Mini-T into Walmart. Give the masses a taste of what hobby grade rc is like. Traxxas could do the same with their new 1/10 Rustler and Stampede. People pay far more for their game systems not to mention $60 per game so why not any of these hobby grade rc products? In the end this would bring more people into hobby shops to expand further into the rc hobby. Most smaller towns don't even have hobby shops but I'd bet they have a Walmart. If that would kick start a local interest in hobby grade rc then I am sure someone would open a nice hobby shop near a Walmart and make a killing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Lets see I say in 2 months AE will release the SC 1/16 anyone want to bet. lol Late to the race. Gotta hand it Traxxas they know how to set RC trends.
    They maybe late to the race.. But they know how to win them!
    Last edited by For_The_Win; 04-12-2009 at 06:41 PM.

RC Champion
    all i can say is traxxas was stupid for making them a 1/16 because your not going to be able to do any organized racing...and a lot of people like to race so they get a kit and are unable to race it...losi has been making 1/18ths for a long time so if people say losi is in trouble its the other way around...i hope traxxas does a good job with these models
    if its fast its a rustler

RC Racer
    Ya but it wont have a gear cover so rocks will get stuck in the gears.Thats why i sold my rc18 nice truck but the rocks always got stuck.Mini revo all the way, asking traxxas for this truck for 5 years finally here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65

RC Champion
    I am not sure it gets much better in the mini world than what I hope to get in my mini e-revo.

But the whole copying thing is kinda dumb. The SC10 is nice guys, I hate to say it since I am a traxxas fan and have at one time or another owned pretty much every model traxxas has made since the mid 90s, but its better than the slash.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    I am not sure it gets much better in the mini world than what I hope to get in my mini e-revo.

But the whole copying thing is kinda dumb. The SC10 is nice guys, I hate to say it since I am a traxxas fan and have at one time or another owned pretty much every model traxxas has made since the mid 90s, but its better than the slash.
    I agree. The SC10 looks very nice. I will put that body on my one of my Slash. I also will buy an SC10 kit this winter to build as well. I think AE makes very good products and I commend them on seeing to it that their bodies and wheels are direct fit with the Slash. It is all good for rc nuts like us.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    I can picture AE taking their RC18R platform and stretching it a bit and dropping a CORR body on there. losi, I could picture them doing a mini desert truck (well, another, if you're just going off of the names) using a slightly shorter and wider version of their 1:10 DT body, and the rear roll cage (albeit widened to suit the wider body), using whatever platform they choose to. they'd probably be nice handling little rigs, too. that said, they would just be adaptations of other chassis, and thus wouldn't be as good as a 1:16 slash. and I can't see either Losi or AE being able to bring a brushless mini to the market at a price competitive with the Traxxas. heck, when I bought my RC18T, it was at AE's MSRP of $280, which thinking back, was way overpriced

Rumor is losi is going to drop a mini truggy (8ight mini) just like ofna's new Hyper mini ST (electric version and nitro) These are awesome trucks, I just snagged one myself 199 w/o electronics - alum chassis, mounts, alum big bore style shocks, cvds etc all standard. Drop your MM or similar 540 w/ esc, Rx and servo and go. I'm sure they will do just what traxxas did, couple minor changes in arm lengths and wheels and you have both models; truggy & corr style.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 04-16-2009 at 07:01 AM.

RC Racer
    yeah i think traxxas is doing a great job coming out with new stuff like the first waterproof truck (emaxx) and then the slash and slayer especcially the summit
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775