Thread: My New Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My New Summit

Just picked up my new, bright yellow Summit last evening from the LHS. Working on changing out connectors to Deans (just my preference) and trying to stretch battery pigtails to reach the ultra-short leads (why Traxxas?) from the ESC. Overall the vehicle is an Engineering work of art. I almost hate to get it dirty, but it will get dirty.

RC poster
    yea jakey, i always use dean plugs and i extended the ESC leads, so i wouldnt have to extend all my battery pack leads. your gonna love it.

RC Qualifier
    Nice name, Jakey reminds me of my real name, but without the Y.
    Have fun!!
    ERBE ~ Rusty VXL ~ Pede VXL ~ 2 Slash 4X4's

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i love my summit. so far it has only broke twice. a front bumper mount and an arm.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    Congrats ! Super fun to bash with

Where about in PA are you ?
    :Slash 4x4
    :Original Police Summit
    :E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    I want to switch to dean's bought a whole bunch of deans to switch over my E-Maxx and batteries and would like to do it with my Summit....problem is im NO good at doing the change over...i tried and tried but just couldnt get the solder to work without clumping and then burning my fingers, LOL...im terrible...wish ya guys lived close to give me a hand.....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the ultimate goal of making it safely unscathed, but rather to show up, skidding broadside, used up, worn out, and screaming YeeHaaaaa at the top of your lungs.

RC Racer
    Traxxas has a video on here somewhere about soldering connector it was very helpful to me. They show with traxxas connectors but it works with deans too.
    I am Optimus Prime

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1964
    I want to switch to dean's bought a whole bunch of deans to switch over my E-Maxx and batteries and would like to do it with my Summit....problem is im NO good at doing the change over...i tried and tried but just couldnt get the solder to work without clumping and then burning my fingers, LOL...im terrible...wish ya guys lived close to give me a hand.....
    use some flux and get the battery leads real hot and the wire real hot and the solder in theory should just run onto both
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSkull
    Congrats ! Super fun to bash with

Where about in PA are you ?
    Near Bradford in McKean county.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey
    Just picked up my new, bright yellow Summit last evening from the LHS. Working on changing out connectors to Deans (just my preference) and trying to stretch battery pigtails to reach the ultra-short leads (why Traxxas?) from the ESC. Overall the vehicle is an Engineering work of art. I almost hate to get it dirty, but it will get dirty.
    I did the same thing, except made up a 2.5" extension with Dean's Ultra's for 1 side of the truck.
    I approve of this message

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On the very first run and only about half way through the battery packs, the rear diff out-drive failed. It twisted off just outside the T-Lock mechanism. Traxxas is sending me a new part. By early next week Yellow Summit will be back up and running.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Received the new diff-gear outdrives today (thank you Traxxas ). Got them installed this evening and everything works fine. Can't wait to try it again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I built a crawling trail in the woods behind my house, logs, rock piles, an old stump with a step cut through it, and other obstacles. Overall there is probably 150 linear feet or more. When I get a chance I'll ask my bride to take some photos and post them on photobucket for all to see. Yesterday it was snowing and cold but today it is very warm and nice; I'm having a great time so far!

That's cool, I've got a tree line at the back of my property that I've been busting trails through with the Summit. It's amazing what this thing can get through. I installed a set of front springs on the rear also for more clearance under power and that's working out pretty good so far. I run about 95% in low gear just crawling over and through whatever, those diff locks are great...

RC Qualifier
    yes I love yellow!!!! good luck with it.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey
    I built a crawling trail in the woods behind my house, logs, rock piles, an old stump with a step cut through it, and other obstacles. Overall there is probably 150 linear feet or more. When I get a chance I'll ask my bride to take some photos and post them on photobucket for all to see. Yesterday it was snowing and cold but today it is very warm and nice; I'm having a great time so far!
    Id love to see this, that must be fun, I love crawling with mine,