RC Racer

Lipo/Battery Sizes that would fit E-Revo Brushless (5608) Truck

I tried to search in forums and FAQ links regarding this but couldn't really find any "concrete" information about the sizes of batteries that would fit in the E-Revo. (I thought I saw somewhere in the sticky post - for the E-revo Brushless Gallery about someone actually measuring the size of the battery compartment but anyway I thought I'd ask just to make sure). There are a couple of Lipos I want to get from eBay and hobby King but just want to make sure they would fit. I am going for 3s lipo with - 54 spur and 21T pinion. I know the stock gearing would work just great though. I saw 22T recommended on the Traxxas chart for 3s lipos but hey, I can't find it!! Parts for this truck is another concern for now.

No, I do not have my ERBE yet, it's on it's way, and I live in Canada everything is hard to get here and with rip-off prices. I maybe the first one to get the ERBE in Toronto. You want something in Canada? Pay crazy duty fees and buy online, only choice.

Anyway enough ranting, can anybody please tell me what is the "Max" battery size that can fit in the ERBE? (Without modifications to the chassis, I am simply talking about putting the battery straight in the compartment).

Ultimately, I can wait for my truck to arrive but I don't want to wait too long for my lipos to arrive and stare at my ERBE for another 2 weeks before actually running it. Thanks alot and appreciate your help!

Carrotcake

RC Champion
    Scroll down to the bottom of post #2 of the ERevo FAQ and you will see a pic of the battery compartment with its dimensions in mm. And for the record, I think I'm the first one to have gotten the ERBE in the Toronto area It arrived March 18th.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    LOL - I know I won't be the first - it would be scary if I was the first to get the ERBE here in Toronto because that would mean electric R/C here is dead.

Anyway, enjoy your ride - btw, what batteries are you running with yours? Have you tested it out yet?

RC Racer
    Hey Mr. Crash, can you put the link to where you were referring to? Can't see pictures here at work - they blocked a lot of links/sites here, can't even check hotmail. If you can put the link here I can check it out when I get back home. Thanks ~

RC Champion
    Here's the link to post #2 of the ERevo FAQ. The pic is at the bottom of the page.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....14&postcount=2

I run two ***** 3S 5000 mah 20C lipos in series for a 6S set up. I have a pair of 4s and a pair of 5s *****s coming in to run in parallel.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Competitor
    I run the Maxamps 4s 6500s and am very happy with them. Tons of run time and outstanding power. Why anyone would need 6s is beyond me

RC Racer
    Thanks Mr. Crash!

bah, I just got ripped-off buying the Traxxas - Deans / T- Plug adaptors

I use deans / T plug for all my lipos...and I am too lazy to do anymore soldering so bought a pair of these adaptors $7 bucks each, plus $5 shipping = abt $20 bucks US where as I cold've gotten these for like 2 bucks each at Hobby King with shipping of...oh let say 5 bucks....

Dont' buy from "RC toys" hint hint....
    Last edited by carrotcake; 03-30-2009 at 01:55 PM.