Thread: No low range

RC Qualifier

No low range

I got my new summit yesterday and ran it , everything worked perfecty. Today I put my freshly charged batteries in a headed for the park. After a few wide open runs i drove over to some rocks to do some crawling shifted down...nothing ...tried again nothing.....so I thought no biggie might be the battery packs run down so I came home charged them...same thing....any idea?...I've only had it one day..

RC Racer
    make sure that your linkage is hooked up. if it is...probably a bad servo, or bad switch on your TX.
    E-Maxx 3905, E-Savage, Summit! Lots of batteries!

RC Racer
    Do you hear or can you see the gear engage? I don't mean the gear but the part connected to the servo.

RC Qualifier
    no nothing happens....no noise no movement

RC Qualifier
    Take the body off and watch the servo (second blue servo back on the right side) as you flip from high to low and back. Is it pulling the pin out of the tranny?

I'm having the opposite problem, I can shift to low but not high.
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Qualifier
    no nothing moves....just a slight constanst buzzing sound when I cut it on...now I cant remember if it did that before either.

RC Racer
    there is a little rod that engages the high and low transmition spay with wd-40 and shift it from high to low just in fron of you (not moving) give it a little help if it doesnt move. the same thing happened to me

RC Qualifier
    OK...did that...you can move it in and out manually but absolutely no response from the transmitter...I don't want to start venting but I think it is rediculous to spend the amount of money these things cost and within 24 hrs of less than normal use have these kind of issues..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by highrisk
    OK...did that...you can move it in and out manually but absolutely no response from the transmitter...I don't want to start venting but I think it is rediculous to spend the amount of money these things cost and within 24 hrs of less than normal use have these kind of issues..
    that sucks bro..just remember of all the working parts are like triple that of a normal truck
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    your right it does..I would just assume that they would stay "working" longer than 24 hrs..I guess I shouldn't be so negative it's just that I was so fired up to get this thing and now I'm waiting again..I'm gonna give Traxxas a call Tomorrow and go from there..

RC Qualifier
    So I just came back from bashing at the lake. Didn't notice if it did it there or not. cleaned up the truck today. Flipped all the switches to make sure all was fine and now have two problems. Hi-Lo servo twitches for about the first 30 seconds. back and forth.. Second problem, Rear diff servo completely died. Opened up the reciever box and switched the connections with the other diff and still no action from the rear one. I'm outside my 30 day window so i think i'm buying a new one. Only good thing for all of us.

They're "Buy it now" on ebay from 11.99 to 16.99.. Not bad, i guess..
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

RC Qualifier
    My rear diff-locking servo is dead too.
    I've been looking for a sub micro servo that is beefier than the stock on but haven't found one.
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Qualifier
    Check to make sure there's no loos wires inside your servo, that was what my problem was , just had to clip a tiny little wire and it was good to go

RC Qualifier
    called traxxas today and they seem to think it is a bad servo so there sending me a new one....i guess we will know in a few days !

RC Qualifier
    Update.....I thought I would do a little running today in high gear while I was waiting on the tranny servo so I got out in the yard started to run and it started to just sparitically sputter and jerk so I'm like ok thats it so I called Traxxas again and they seem to think it's a steering servo backfeeding and messing everything up so now I have 2 steering servo's coming also...maybe I could paint it while I wait....any cool ideas?

RC Qualifier
    all 3 servo's came in today and it seems like it is working everything turns and engages like it should but just finished putting it back together so I'm not going to press my luck and try to run in the dark. Hopefully my 7's will be here tomorrow and I will try it all at once !

RC Racer
    Yup mine sticks to, servo toast, not impressed at all for how much these are worth. Phoned, no help whatsoever from support, am ordering some digital mg servo's. Problem solved.

RC Racer
    K, a little update, i got a different fella on the phone today, more than happy to help me, got a new servo coming today from traxxas, i am glad this guy was helpful, cause we and my buddy have bought 4 of em total from our hobby shop. Thanks traxxas.

there is a thread on here that shows you how to adjust the tension on the shift pin gotta pull trans took me 40 minutes start to finish would have been quicker but had to clean and lube some stuff shifts much better now used to stick in low not any more shifts good now thread by ieatfish.I think that would save some servo wear hopfully that helps

RC Qualifier

mini servo dilema!

Hi,I think a lot of people have had problems with these servos(I think they weren't made by traxxas .There are 2 adjusters hidden on the back of the transmitter ,these help to stop the servos buzzingD .If you've got a reciept for the servos ,do a copy and send it with the servo to traxxas (if in 30 day warranty) and they will send you replacments (Traxxas uk do ) Best of luck

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    there is a thread on here that shows you how to adjust the tension on the shift pin gotta pull trans took me 40 minutes start to finish would have been quicker but had to clean and lube some stuff shifts much better now used to stick in low not any more shifts good now thread by ieatfish.I think that would save some servo wear hopfully that helps
    Where is the thread? or how did you find it?

Mine won't shift back down once in high gear. can do it by manually "helping" the spring engage low gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J
    Where is the thread? or how did you find it?

Mine won't shift back down once in high gear. can do it by manually "helping" the spring engage low gear.
    If you haven''t found it yet http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ft+link+detent
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I did see that but didn't realize it was what you were referring to.

I looked better at mine last night and a simple servo arm adjustment got me shifting smoothly ----- for now. Will keep this thread bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J
    Thanks, I did see that but didn't realize it was what you were referring to.

I looked better at mine last night and a simple servo arm adjustment got me shifting smoothly ----- for now. Will keep this thread bookmarked.
    ya no worries,mine was work a few times then stop then work a few times.think it just might have got a bit of crud in the detent ball area.But it did seem a bit stiff. Small adjustment shifts real good now
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried