Thread: connecter help

RC Qualifier

connecter help

I got my Summit all ready to sling some mud and then BAM ! the freakin plugs from the batteries I used on my maxx don't match up...I know I'm going to have to get different connectors but to the summit or the batteries ? if the batteries then the charger too right? whats then name of the plug I need and part # ? here's a pic of the plugs...thanks

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/u...ummit01005.jpg

RC Champion
    well you have old shcool connector on there, i would change that one immediantly to the traxxas plugs as there resistanst is almost none compared to the molex style plugs.here are the part #s -you will need part# 3080(2 female plugs) and also part #3070 ( 2 male) change your charger to the male connectors and on your two batteries change them to the female connectors. make sure to read the little instructions they come with so you know exactly how to do it! i would also suggest changing your maxx to them too if you want lest resistance and more performace
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    traxxas connector #3060 will give u one female connector(solder to ur battery) and one male connector (solder to ur charger) ull need 2 packages

RC Qualifier
    after reading (I seem to do that last) how about just 2 connectors part # 3062?

RC Qualifier
    yeah, I had to make some connectors to go from battery to the EVX and then, there's an adapter for the charger. I picked up the parts at the LHS.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by highrisk
    after reading (I seem to do that last) how about just 2 connectors part # 3062?
    because then your still using the crappy molex connector, the whole point is to switch to TRX plugs or say deans and have less resistance and get better run times and faster speeds.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

I would agree that you want to ditch the molex connectors. they have a tendency to cause resistance, and heat up, potentially to the point of melting. Either the TRX high current ones (that way you wont have to swap your Summit connectors) or deans. I already had deans on all my batteries, and a few trucks, so I also opted to make a deans to Traxxas connectors, just to to save me from re-soldering everything all over again. Also keep in mind that if you swap the summit connectors from traxxas to deans, if you need to send in your esc, they charge to put them back to factory to test it.