RC Qualifier

summit with lipo's- my opinion

AMAZING. well beyond my expectations. makes me wonder what's wrong with my brushless slash. it's insane. 2s 5aH spc lipos in case anyone's wondering.

wheelies from stop, stoppies are awesome, fast enough i can ride a stoppie 20ft (sometimes... mostly forward flips...)

im not running a LVC... just running about 1/2 the capacity of the batteries to play it safe... until my ********* buzzer comes in...

but anyways- if you're considering lipo... it is fantastic.

my friend is running 7 cell 5aH venoms (i know...) and the lipo is vastly superior... direct comparison this saturday... maybe some video?

i talked him into investing in a set of elite's from cheapbatterypacks.com so a more fair comparison then... but honestly, this is impressive. for the cost of lipo setup compared to a decent nimh setup... def worth the $$...

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear! I have a brand new set of 2s Lipos sitting in my R/C closet. I just need the time to wire up the LVC and try them out.
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Qualifier
    i just ran mine around for 15 minutes(ish) and only used about 1700 of the available 5000mah... as long as you keep the runs short the cutoff isn't a concern...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the tip. Luckily I've got some quality 6cells to get me by. I also need to charge them. They're a set of 6500 maxamps.
    HPI SavageFlux & Baja-HobbyZone Champ-Eflight MSR

RC Qualifier
    Are you on dirt or pavement when you get the wheelies?
    BTW, what the heck is a stoppie?
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Qualifier
    wheelies come both dirt and pavement. loose dirt just spins tires, but if it hooks up it pulls up. on pavement it likes to flip backward onto it's lid if you're not careful.

stoppies are when i come on the brakes, pavement or dirt, and it lifts the rear tires off the ground. if im careful i can go 20ft or more on the front wheels only... i can do the same in reverse too, sorta like a reverse wheely.