Thread: Summit vs Emaxx

RC Qualifier

Summit vs Emaxx

What is the speed difference?

RC Qualifier
    On paper the E-Maxx is 5 to 10 mph faster.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    Oh wow , thats more than I thought. any more pros/cons?

RC Qualifier
    Also depending on batteries too, but I wouldn’t consider the top speed of the summit a big con because the summit not aimed at top speed but you can always stick a brushless system in there to greatly bring up the top speed.

RC Qualifier
    All of the upgrading gets a little over my head sometime so I guess I'm looking for the best action right out of the box.

RC Qualifier
    Summit should do you good then, it’s not the fastest but has a lot of features and can do nearly anything.

RC Champion
    get an e-revo brushless if yer looking for speed out of the box...or nitro
    @ 80% for years?

RC Qualifier
    I put a Neu 1515 1y S motor and Mamba Monster V3 in my summit and on 7cell nimh batteries in series (16.8v) it goes as fast if not faster than a Revo 3.3 nitro. Once I put Lipo batteries in it especially on 6s it is going to be insane.

What I am saying is I had an E-Revo and sold it so I could get the Summit. You have so many options for driving and offroading and yet you can really bring the speed out of it. Even if you dont upgrade the motor and speed control you can still run it on (2) 2s lipo batteries and it will perform speed wise like the E-revo stock titans out of the box.
    "Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

RC Champion
    as long as you can afford that $500 4 channel 2.4ghz radio...i also have the mmm on my summit
    @ 80% for years?

RC Competitor
    The ko propo ex-1 ur is a 4 channel 2.4 ghz radio. It is only $259.00 at amain hobbies.

RC Racer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpEzLHM-eMU

There you go. Decide for yourself.
    morgue

RC Competitor
    I run lipos on my stock summit its noticiably slower than my emaxx and a bit less torque. But still no comparison in fun. I modded emax asmuch as posible to do what the summit does stock. and the summit does it MUCH MUCH better. crawls better handles better jumps much better and breaks much less. I dont even know why i am keeping my emaxx now other than its my first traxxas car.

RC Qualifier
    on you summit are you running a lvs or smart stop, i have heard people not running one and just watching their runtimes. How love is the volts once the lights start to flicker due to low voltage?

RC Champion
    you should be running a LVA or LVC you can watch your runtimes but they will differ from run to run as one day you might be more crawling and another more 2nd gear bashing. its just a good cheap investment to keep your $200 worth of lipos safe ...another way to put it is its basically i failsafe ona nitro
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Champion
    you can put a 19t-21t pinion in the summit and a 65t spur to get more top speed out of it.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Competitor
    I am running a smartstop. Since i crawl with it allot i realy would not notice the power drop in time.

RC Qualifier
    Morguester that video was great ! ...lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by morguester
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpEzLHM-eMU

There you go. Decide for yourself.
    Thanks for the link to the video....I own the older E-Maxx but just came across the summit at Hobby Town yesterday and just want one something terrible....Need to sell my T-Maxx...keep my emaxx and get a summit....truly a great little truck from what i saw at the hobby shop and the video....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the ultimate goal of making it safely unscathed, but rather to show up, skidding broadside, used up, worn out, and screaming YeeHaaaaa at the top of your lungs.

RC Qualifier
    Wow...was just checking my email...and got a $60 off a $300+ order at Tower...brings a summit to $430...over $152 less including tax than the local Hobby Store..i support my LHS...but this kinda savings is very nice.......i might just have to order......
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the ultimate goal of making it safely unscathed, but rather to show up, skidding broadside, used up, worn out, and screaming YeeHaaaaa at the top of your lungs.