RC Racer

Help Me Choose My Next Purchase

hey there. i live in an area with 7 months of rain a year. i have a revo nitro and a little hpi electric.
    i am looking for something in the rain, sometimes heavy rain. i think the emaxx is most associated with the waterproofing (water resisting).
    so the summit looks like fun, but maybe too slow for the price. i've heard that the erevo can be bought with waterproof electrics?

SO WHATS THE BEST RIDE TO BUY TO RUN IN THE RAIN AND MUD?
    IS THE SUMMIT THAT MUCH SLOWER THAN THE EMAXX?
    IS THE EREVO WATERPROOF, OR ARE ANY OTHER TRAXXAS MODELS WATERPROOF?(resistant)

RC Qualifier
    The E-Revo Brushed is waterproof, as it uses the same core components as the Maxx.
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Racer
    it doesn't matter if you buy an E-Maxx, E-Revo or Summit as long as you get some waterproof maxamp batts or waterproof your batts yourself.

RC Qualifier
    SO WHATS THE BEST RIDE TO BUY TO RUN IN THE RAIN AND MUD?
    IS THE SUMMIT THAT MUCH SLOWER THAN THE EMAXX?
    IS THE EREVO WATERPROOF, OR ARE ANY OTHER TRAXXAS MODELS WATERPROOF?(resistant)

1. summit (mud, rain, rocks) ok E-revo
    2.maybe 5 to 10 mph faster, in the rain it will not matter who is faster or slower.
    3. summit, slash, E-revo(brushed)
    I have both E-revo and summit but will prefer the summit on mud or rain, will leave the E-revo for sunny days.
    Last edited by savage t-mack; 04-18-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Qualifier
    actually, the rustler, bandit, and stampede are waterproof as well now, so that makes the summit, e-revo, e-maxx, slash, stampede, rustler, and bandit all waterproof, though the smaller trucks wouldnt do as good for wut ur planning to use them for.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER
    actually, the rustler, bandit, and stampede are waterproof as well now, so that makes the summit, e-revo, e-maxx, slash, stampede, rustler, and bandit all waterproof, though the smaller trucks wouldnt do as good for wut ur planning to use them for.

I dont think he wants trucks that drown in 1inch of water
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Qualifier
    Check out the last few posts in the erbe or e-revo thread
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Mini Revo VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Micro-T

RC poster
    my reply would be the e-revo, its waterproof, it gose a great speed, its all terrain and it handle likes a dream. before looking at other cars, id take a second thought to the e-revo

RC Racer
    for the bucks, go for the summit prob. it's basically an e-revo, but comes with the locking difs and 2 speed conversion already.
    IMO, unless your a racer, the summit would be the best all round basher. granted its slightly slower, but that nothing that a motor upgrade and swapping to a close ratio tranny setup wont fix.
    the revo rocks, but i've spent $50 to upgrade to a 2speed conversion, swapped out the stock titans for the dewalt 12v, and am drooling over the locking dif option. not to mention how many revo owners are waiting for the summit driveshafts to hit the market.
    the summit costs more, but if you got the cash, may as well go for it, cuz if you're a basher, you'll prob be sending a bunch extra to buy all the goodies you would've got with the summit
    e-revo, Dewalt 12v motor, 2 speed conversion, dx3s