Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    RC poster
    I really like your work with the e-revo. I've read through this thread twice and I love it! I was thinking though what if on the kershaw designs chassis the bottom plate connected the bulkheads together like the top plate does. Making the truck flat on the bottom from the front to the rear. Wouldn't that make the chassis much tougher? Like this

RC Qualifier
    Great Idea to make it stronger, but remember something has to flex and be a weak point during hard bashing.
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Qualifier
    Mrcrash, is it possible to send me a pm with info on switching the cups on the Losi diffs to the shaft style on the original traxxas diff ?
    I currently have traxxas steel center drive shaft and summit axles. Thank you in advance, and thanks for posting
    Last edited by Revoroller; 07-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Never mind, lol!^^^^^^^^^^^

I just read post #732, in ref to using the cups with the Losi shafts

RC Champion
    I just wanted to add this gallery link posted on RCM by member Molak. These pictures in conjunction with MrCrash's helped me a lot when attempting to grind down these Losi diffs.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10751...353?banner=pwa

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...&postcount=782

Here's my second point. I realize this is an exploded view for 8ight Truggy, but it is one of the only exploded views that uses the H.D. diff cup. This is the diff exploded view that we should all be using.
    http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...RPartsList.pdf

If anyone ends up breaking the large sun gears (like i did), then add a shim under them but above the o-ring. You can see the shims in the exploded view above. The LST2 diffs do not come with these shims installed.

Part # is LosA3501
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...erential-Shims

If you end up breaking the grey drive cups (like i did), then replace with these new hardened black drive cups.

Part # is LosA3503
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rive-Cups-Pins
    Last edited by anr2442; 07-28-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    OM effing G....this thread is amazing...keep up the good work...i've only skimmed through a few of the posts...will be back for more later...for now...all i have to say is...WOW!!!!

and i thought i had time to kill...makes me totally envy u mr cash...i mean crash...

RC Qualifier
    question for u mistercrash:

have u thought about building a fiberglass body?...i figure with ur knowledge and skills...u can build a mold of the traxxas body...fill it with fiberglass resin...apply the glass fabric, glue, etc...and build a strong monocoque fiberglass/carbon fiber body that is an exact or close to an exact replica of the traxxas body...ream out all necessary holes and what not...voila...u'll have a carbon fiber/fiberglass body that should be stronger and the stock...

but then again...i'm certain u've already explored all avenues....i haven't finished reading these 21 some odd pages yet....

RC Competitor
    Wow i read the whole thread too, and yeah i stripped a diff so then i bought a heli and my e revo Bl has been sitting on the shelf for about 3 weeks guess i got the heli fever too

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    question for u mistercrash:

have u thought about building a fiberglass body?...i figure with ur knowledge and skills...u can build a mold of the traxxas body...fill it with fiberglass resin...apply the glass fabric, glue, etc...and build a strong monocoque fiberglass/carbon fiber body that is an exact or close to an exact replica of the traxxas body...ream out all necessary holes and what not...voila...u'll have a carbon fiber/fiberglass body that should be stronger and the stock...

but then again...i'm certain u've already explored all avenues....i haven't finished reading these 21 some odd pages yet....
    The bodies on our trucks take so much abuse that I don't understand why anyone would want to spend a large amount of time building one out of fiberglass or carbon fiber. Especially since the paint would be on the outside of the body. Lexan is the best option for RC bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by crashproff View Post
    Wow i read the whole thread too, and yeah i stripped a diff so then i bought a heli and my e revo Bl has been sitting on the shelf for about 3 weeks guess i got the heli fever too
    I'm more into EVs than helis now, but I still love helis. I have no more use for this ERBE I have, too much time wrenching on the thing and playing with it is a bit boring.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Competitor
    what are EVs?

RC Qualifier
    Electric Vehicles.

RC Champion
    I'm just a newb at that EV stuff. For now I am learning with a Yamaha Vino 125cc (Japanese Edition) that was converted to electric. I didn't convert it, a company called Motorino does it and then sells the mopeds as electric bicycles because they put pedals on them. Following Provincial laws, they are limited to a 500 watt motors and 32 km/h. In my learning process, I got rid of the 48V 34Ah Sealed Lead Acid batteries and made a Lithium Ion battery out of 400 cells taken from Makita used tool packs. This gives 74V nominal and 30Ah. 84V fresh off the charger. I did a lot of rewiring, ventilated the motor, upgraded the controller, upgraded the DC/DC converter and a lot of other stuff. I took this 32 km/h bicycle and made it a 62 km/h moped. But don't tell the cops.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Competitor
    wow i'm really impressed, next thing you should do is get some huge high discharge capacitors and power the motor with that. I used to be in a dangerous hobby, thats is ripping high current transformers out of old microwaves and zapping stuff, and getting high voltage neon transformers and wireing them up in series The reason i got out of this hobby is that it gets boring exploding TVs and having to pay a high electricity bill every month.

RC Competitor
    oh and are the motors brushed or coreless?

RC Champion
    Mine is a brushless hub motor.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Hey mistercrash sorry for being lazy but could you please tell at what page is the mod with the LST 2 axles?
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Champion
    Go to page 6 and start looking from there.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    thanks, i have finished modifying the bulkheads to fit in the lst 2 diffs and now i am going for the axles.
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Champion
    Since the person didn't have the courtesy to PM me with the reason why my post was deleted, I don't know who to contact to have an explanation. My PM is enabled so I don't understand the rudeness.

So let's try this again.

Or not. ALL Buying/SellingTrading belongs in the Market Place forum ONLY.
    The claim that you do not know this well while having been a member of these forums for over six years is an unlikely one at best.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-14-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    It's been fun. See ya.