Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Runtime is relative, it will be very different from one user to the next. I can tell you that 5800 mah gives longer run times then 5000 mah. But I guess you probably new that.

As for updates, I'm building a Brushless LST XXL because the Revo is a cool truck but it's a bit fragile for my taste. I fell out of love with ERBE. Don't get me wrong, it's got great attributes. Never had a problem with the tranny or the receiver box
    As a matter of fact, I'm going to use the ERBE tranny and receiver box in my LST build.

Waiting for someone to reply that they've been running the ERBE for more than a year, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week on 6S and never broke anything.
    Last edited by mistercrash; 05-10-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    Hey! I've been running my ERBE for more than a year, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week on 6S and never broke anything.

except driveshafts, bulkheads, rocker posts, tie rods, tie rod ends (lots of those) , steering arms, etc.
    Last edited by candy76man; 05-10-2010 at 01:10 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man
    Hey! I've been running my ERBE for more than a year, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week on 6S and never broke anything.
    got a vid?

no vid = didn't happen

RC Qualifier
    lol, I love the white text . I haven't had my revoS long at all and I have replaced rocker arms (bent), popped a tube out of the rod end, Broke front right lower a-arm on both of my trucks on the same day, lol, and destroyed a few bodies

Edit : and a few driveshafts
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Racer
    How's the brushless LST XXL progressing??? Any vids/pics?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNBOSS
    How's the brushless LST XXL progressing??? Any vids/pics?
    Just waiting on the last CF sheet and a few misc. parts. But i cannot discuss this matter any further in here.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    i do agree that the ERBE breaks a lot. this is my first rc vehicle, so i'm not saying it in relative comparison to any other trucks, but the maintenance cost and time is certainly way more than i've expected before getting into this hobby.

it's still a lot of fun. i just wish i didn't have to spend so much time and money fixing, upgrading for durability, and otherwise maintaining the truck.

having to spend more time fixing it than running it, coupled with spending almost as much as i did for the truck itself for various parts, tools, batteries, tires, and etc is kind of putting me off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jackka
    i do agree that the ERBE breaks a lot. this is my first rc vehicle, so i'm not saying it in relative comparison to any other trucks, but the maintenance cost and time is certainly way more than i've expected before getting into this hobby.

it's still a lot of fun. i just wish i didn't have to spend so much time and money fixing, upgrading for durability, and otherwise maintaining the truck.

having to spend more time fixing it than running it, coupled with spending almost as much as i did for the truck itself for various parts, tools, batteries, tires, and etc is kind of putting me off.

I think fixing and upgrading is almost as fun as driving. I'm glad I have 2 ERBE's. I have tons of time put into to tweaking and upgrading
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Racer
    maybe you should check what mirror says! yeah i broke some parts last time i was bashing, but i didnt expect it to survive that amount of punishment. altho i was surprised that damage. broken drive shaft, bent rocker arm post and busted bulkhead from right rear. driving was in sand pit WOT to where that thing wants to go with 6s lipos. mostly it ended at huge sand wall.

RC Champion
    I had to share this with you guys. I ask my wife to film my latest build which I am not going to mention here. Once I'm done, my son Gabriel who is going to be 6 years old in two weeks wants to play with his ERBE (GERBE) so I set it up for him and he starts bashing while my wife is still filming. He saw me do a back flip and he wanted to do it also. Without me knowing, he tells my wife that he's going to do a flip. He explains to her exactly how it's done. The result was a perfectly executed front flip off a very small jump. By my reaction in the vid, I really wasn't expecting it. I didn't know he could do that and certainly didn't know he new the whole process of how to do it in detail.

Last edited by mistercrash; 05-17-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Funny! Nice skills there!
    1/16 MERV
    BL Revo Platinum MMM MADNESS!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice vid! I think you can put that down to raw talent, rather than beginners luck!! Maybe you've got the next Travis Pastrana in the making?

Nice build thread. I've only managed to read about a third of it so far

I wish I've been running an ERBE for more than a year, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week on 6s and never broken anything. Does that count?

Let me guess, No Vid = Didn't happen?
    Last edited by eemmaaxxxx; 05-18-2010 at 02:21 AM.

RC Champion
    Haha love your reaction
    Perfect front flip congrats to your son

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jackka
    Man compared to my brushed rustler and my Merv, this ERBE is a tank, yes I know when it breaks you pay alot, but it hardly brakes in my book.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Qualifier
    Nice video, how did you do all of the editing?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad859
    Nice video, how did you do all of the editing?
    My wife did it on her MacBook Pro using Imovie.

I have been asked a lot of times on how I duplicate parts on carbon fiber. Well here's a vid of how I do it and no laughing at my French accent.

It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Winnipeg, Manitoba the Slurpee Capital of the World
    very nice tutorial, just need to find a router now.
    Last edited by revo guy; 05-18-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    if you dont break something go higher and faster

RC Champion
    Hey mistercrash, I can't recall if you did this mod or not but i figure you may know where I can get the part to do it with anyway. I want to try the mod to eliminate slop with the stock 17mm adapters where you drill out the end of the adapter for a female threaded piece of steel tube that you can then thread onto the stock drive shaft to tighten down on the 17mm adapter and keep it from wobbling on the axle.

What I am having trouble with is finding the female threaded piece of steel tube? where do you get something like that? I searched around a little but can't find anything

Any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Hey mistercrash, I can't recall if you did this mod or not but i figure you may know where I can get the part to do it with anyway. I want to try the mod to eliminate slop with the stock 17mm adapters where you drill out the end of the adapter for a female threaded piece of steel tube that you can then thread onto the stock drive shaft to tighten down on the 17mm adapter and keep it from wobbling on the axle.

What I am having trouble with is finding the female threaded piece of steel tube? where do you get something like that? I searched around a little but can't find anything

Any ideas?

I know it's a lot more expensive, but the Tekno carriers are very nice and eliminate all slop. I just installed a set, but I know other people that use dart ends and file them off. Here is the thread.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultivate
    I know it's a lot more expensive, but the Tekno carriers are very nice and eliminate all slop. I just installed a set, but I know other people that use dart ends and file them off. Here is the thread.
    I actually have the rdracing aluminum carriers with 8mm axles but they still had a small amount of slop when I was using those axles...however that is beside the point since I am using summit axles now and you can't use 8mm axles with them.

Thanks for the tip on the dart ends though, I assume they are threaded the same as the stock axles?

RC Qualifier
    Read that thread and it will explain all my friend.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Champion

Any ideas?
    What I did is used some 2ba sized soft tip (brass) dart barrels, stuck one end in my drill, and filed away until I had a nice tight fit in the hub. I filed about 1/2" up, and just cut to length after I had the right diameter (6mm).

You can get 2 inserts per dart barrel if both sides are the 2ba size.

I used a 15/64 drill bit to bore out the inner part of the hub (Hex). It's as close as you can get to a 6mm drill bit, which aren't that easy to find..

Worked out very well.

And yes, they thread on the axles perfect..
    Last edited by SlotterHouse; 05-21-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlotterHouse
    What I did is used some 2ba sized soft tip (brass) dart barrels, stuck one end in my drill, and filed away until I had a nice tight fit in the hub. I filed about 1/2" up, and just cut to length after I had the right diameter (6mm).

You can get 2 inserts per dart barrel if both sides are the 2ba size.

I used a 15/64 drill bit to bore out the inner part of the hub (Hex). It's as close as you can get to a 6mm drill bit, which aren't that easy to find..

Worked out very well.

And yes, they thread on the axles perfect..
    thanks man, I decided to order the brass inserts linked in the thread that cultivate pointed me too and do what you said above.

I don't have an ERBE but have a maxx and there's a ton of great info in here. I especially like the building/cutting/fabbing techniques. The router idea is great for the carbon.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC poster
    First off, free bump..

Second off, this thread convinced me not to get the Kershaw chassis. I don't have the tools or means necessary to custom make things needed, nor do I want to deal with having to modify everything just to get it to fit.

I'm disapointed, as now I have to spend 400$ and months trying to find a G3R chassis, then find a way to make a plate for the ERBE tranny to work properly on it instead of an Emaxx tranny.

ugh

RC Champion
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    I already have LST XXL diffs in my E-Revo, I have been running them for a long time in Revos and they always have performed flawlessly. Since I recently made a LST conversion to brushless, I have a lot of spare parts for both trucks lying around. So I started slapping things together as an experiment and the result is very interesting.

Which pushed me to do it was the LST diffs. I always thought that the rest of the LST drive train would be so cool to have on the Revo but I always thought it would be too difficult. First thing is to replace the Traxxas slider shafts with LST XXL CVDs.

This is a stock Traxxas Revo axle carrier with a LST 15X21 mm bearing pushed in it. It fits very tight but it does fit.

The outer 8X16 LST bearing won't fit in the carrier so the hole would have to be enlarged. It could be done easily by someone who has some machining equipment.

I didn't want to mess with the stock carriers so I tried with a RD Racing carrier instead which uses 16 mm OD outer bearings. The inner 15X21 bearing fits in the carrier a tad loosely. A thin sleeve would be needed to get rid of the slack. For the experiment, I just put one layer of Gorilla tape on the outer race of the bearing and it fit in the carrier perfectly. So the sleeve would have to be pretty thin.

The axle sticks out a lot from the carrier so a thick spacer would be needed to slip on the axle between the outer bearing and the hex drive. For the experiment, I just used two 8X16 bearings and three thin shims.

I don't know what the axle sticking out this much would do to the bearings, but when I put a zero offset Truggy wheel on there, it is just 3 mm narrower than the stance of my E-Revo with 1/2 inch offset wheels.

I used one of Monster Mike's hardened steel drive cup with a 6 mm bore to fit on the output shafts of the LST diffs. I made the output shafts from Traxxas stub axles so this set up could actually be used with stock Traxxas E-Revo diffs. The pic shows the suspension at full extension. The pin from the shaft is still well into the drive cup so I think it would not pop out like the Traxxas CVDs do when using the extended rear arms (frog legs)

I did the rear and it works very freely with no binding. I haven't done it to the front yet but I suspect that the LST CVDs won't have enough articulation to work with the amount of steering throw I have on my Revo. We'll see.

For the middle shafts, sadly the LST middle shafts are a bit too short.

But this could be dealt with by having a slightly longer shaft coming out of the tranny. If there was a way to make a CVD shaft fit on a middle shaft hub, it would solve the problem since that CVD looks to have the right length.

This is for the rear middle shaft, for the front, I still don't know, something custom would have to be made I suppose.

This is it, just something I did this afternoon 'cause I was bored.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Still the king of Revo mods mister c, this mod is fantastic and it looks pretty cost friendly. I assume you will post some updates on how well it holds up but looks pretty tough and functional to me. If it wasn't for the cost of the carriers this would be cheaper than Summit shafts- I think...
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Champion
    Someone on RCM made a suggestion to use Kershaw dog bones for the middle shafts. The dog bones would need two RC Monster drive cups with 8 mm bores if using 8th scale diffs. Or use the included drive cups from Kershaw if using the stock diffs. But who would go through the trouble of installing 8th scale CVDs and dog bones all around and using the stock diffs.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    funny and cool video! (about that backflip )

[QUOTE=mistercrash]My wife did it on her MacBook Pro using Imovie.[quote]
    smart wife!
    Sorry for my bad English!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by D@nooshTRX
    smart wife!
    Yep! That's why she married me. Or maybe it's just because opposites attract
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion

Winter project maybe

I got my hands on some GorillaMaxx G3R chassis rails from Monster Mike. I wanted to get as many G3R parts as I could but these are the only things I could find. The reason being that I have been thinking of making my own G3R chassis. From studying the instructions, I figured there was two components that would be difficult to fabricate, the chassis rails and the front skid which has a couple bends in it. The rest looks to be made from flat stock, aluminum spacers and stand offs of the right length. So I would just need to figure out the dimensions of every components and make them. I think I can cut down on the number of parts to fabricate by cutting up a 3.3 nitro Revo chassis to use the front portion and part of the rear portion. I still don't know if the E-Revo tranny fits on the G3R chassis rails but I could figure it out. Since the tranny is more to the center of the chassis, I might be able to switch it around and have the motor in front. I am still scouring the internet to try to find other parts, especially that front skid but new parts are rare. A complete roller would be awesome but this seems to be even harder to find in good condition at a fair price. I'll update if I go ahead with this project.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    So not to change the subject or anything... but what's the update on the lst shafts mod, how have they performed and held up. I'm about to a point here where I'm fed up enough with broken and stretched stock driveshafts and want to upgrade at least the rear. I was planning to try out the Summit shafts but have seen a couple of the plastic ends break pretty easily on my buddys Summit and I'm not sure how durable they will be with the jumping I do with my erbe. Anyways the cost seems somewhat close and these lst shafts seem like they may be a bit tougher.
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Champion
    I posted pics of how I made LST shafts fit on a set of spare parts like the bulkheads and arms and carriers and such. Basically built almost an entire rear end and made the LST shafts fir in there as an experiment. But I haven't installed the shafts on my ERBE yet so I can't comment on how well they would work. I know that they are very tough and they don't break on my brushless LST that weighs 14 pounds and uses a torquey Neu 1521 1Y motor. I suspect that the LST shafts on a 10 pound ERBE with the CC 1515 1Y would take any abuse you can throw at them.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have any more updates?

bumping your thread. HEHE

RC Champion
    Thanks for the bump. I'm too busy working on my house to start any new projects. I've been thinking of something for this winter though. Incorporating the GorillaMaxx G3R chassis rails to parts of the 3.3 Revo aluminum chassis with a few custom chassis parts to strengthen the bulkhead areas and to top it off, a complete 8th scale Truggy style drive train. But I have to find the funds to insulate and heat my garage before it gets too cold first.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    New idea/project sounds good. Defiantly a need to insulate. My work space finally got insulated and finished however I still don't have light, I have to open the doors to let light in.

RC Racer
    try the stick up lights advertised on tv, lol no seriusly
    slash with sidewinder combo 185 shipped firm

RC Qualifier
    Well I did finally get a real light today. works really well.