RC Competitor

Which digital servo?

i know the stock servo is digital but I think mine is going on the fritz. I have a Futaba 3pm so I need a replacement digital servo. I just dont know much about servos. Do I need high speed or high torque?
    high torque
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFKZ7&P=7
    high speed
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ76&P=7
    or this one
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ80&P=7
    I m just lost and need a little guidance. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I'd go for the high speed. It has more torque and a quicker speed for the same price.

RC Qualifier
    I would say it depends on what you do. If bashing I would go with more torque for everything. If you are racing, where there would not be much contact or anything, I would think high speed is good. I don't know too much about servos, I just wish mine had more torque because sometimes I get stuck and can't turn the wheels.
    United States Air Force
    At AFBMT..

RC Champion
    i wold get the high speed or high torque if you bash high torque if you race get the high speed and if you do both i wold get the high speed
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    get a 645 mg by hitec. its just great!!! I race and bash, its just perfect for me.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Racer
    Just don't forget that the one that is on there now is waterproof... That is a big plus.

don't need much to turn those wheels
    You're gonna need a bigger boat...

RC Competitor
    I do bash but racing season is about to start so this would be my racing servo. I know they wont be waterproof but the Hitec HS-5625MG Digital High Speed Metal Gear BB Servo(link #2) is "water tight".
    And I would get the 645 mg but I dont think it will work with my futaba 3pm radio.

RC Champion
    it will. it doesnt have tabs, but you can just cut of the taps on the original servo.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Qualifier
    Note that the Hitec High Speed has much more torque than the Futaba High Torque. So, if you those three are your options, go with the Hitec High Speed.
    Not enough space here

RC Champion
    I have been using this one in all my vehicles lately... I use the 3PM 2.4g also...
    HS-5485HB with this servo saver
    Its pretty fast, has plenty of torque for a 1/10 scale and its cheap. BUT if price isnt too much a factor, the HS-5645MG is a solid performer and wont let you down. you CAN use non digital servos too.. but you have to use PPM mode which is slower...
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle