Thread: gears. Help!

RC Qualifier

gears. Help!

i was wondering if you can strip the inside of the pinion gear, because i keep tightening the pinion to the team orion formula pro bb 19t motor. the shaft just bearlly comes out of the pinion. so i start driving, and about two minutes later the pinion comes off. this has happened like a hundred times. please help. thanks.
    Slash VXL | HPI Wheely King 4x4
    Thanks, Kevin.

RC Champion
    Gator, I had the same problem, just lock tight the grub screw and you'll be good.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

this might be silly, but are you putting the pinion and tightening it on the flat spot on the motor shaft? The traxxas pinion don't like alot of pressure and have actually broke in-half when I tighten. The best pinions are Losi, that are very strong and smooth but cost less then robinson.