RC Qualifier

Slash Vs E Revo Track Times

Which will turn faster laps a stock Slash or a stock E revo?
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    while different tracks may favor one truck over another--- the E-Revo, or any 4wd truck has a huge acceleration advantage over the Slash- simply because you have more traction with 4wd than with 2wd.
    Slash-Pede VXL-Rusty-Kyosho RC Surfer-MBX4 Buggy

RC Qualifier
    slash would certainly win...

if the a tire fell off the erevo.

RC Qualifier
    I think the only way the Slash would win is if you were comparing a 3s VXL Slash to a brushed E-Revo. Even in that lopsided fight, the Revo would stand a chance on a tight track, because it'd be able to put more power down at low speed and coming through the corners.

RC Competitor
    if only traxxas came out with a 4WD slash
    You can find me in the mud.

RC Qualifier
    They did, it's called a Slayer with an electric conversion.....and a whole bunch of $$$.
    Turned to the dark side....

RC Competitor
    i knew someone was going to bring the slayer up, but i would rather have the suspension of the slayer more like the slash.

RC Competitor
    are there a lot of people doing that? e-slayers?

RC Champion
    The E-Revo is one of the best handling and most capable MT's out there, it's on an entirely different league. You can buy a slash and do a burshless convrsion with lipo batteries for the price of a brushed erevo, not including batteries, so yeah, not really comprable.

RC Qualifier
    Would the Slash have a chance of winning if it was on a high traction surface?

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Probably not, it is mainly the driver. The slash flips too easily, and if you can master that problem, then yeah, it might win.

RC Champion
    I beat a NRevo last summer at the track, mano-e-mano. He was a good driver, but he was trying too hard. I passed him a couple times when he was on his lid. But one time. I slowly chipped away at him, and passed him on the fastest corner of the track, snuck right up the inside. Then slowly pulled away, til he ran out of gas. It was a great race. BTW i have Rustler VXL and was on 6 cell at the time.
    Last edited by StamJato; 03-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    RustyVXL, HPI RS4 Rally, RC18MT
    Mobius1 crashed!

RC Qualifier
    When I'm driving my Slash it seems to me like it handles the best at a higher speed.

No way in the world a stock slash would beat a stock E-Revo. They only advantage the slash would have is in run time. Running my stock E-Maxx against my E-Rusty with a 12T motor the E-Maxx still won.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3gtw...e=channel_page

VXL versus bone stock E-revo. If he didn't wheelie at the beginning, it would've been really close.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    There would be no comparison between lap times of a stock ERevo and a Stock Slash. I have both.......The ERevo would smoke the Slash. It would actually smoke a brushless Slash as far as lap times.
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ETL Slasher
    are there a lot of people doing that? e-slayers?

i've got a rolling e-Revo chassis with Slayer parts (A-Arms, axles, P3 Rockers) on it coming to me soon..$250 for it

I just need to add the electronics and motor to it

and a Slayer/Slash body WILL fit on it
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Qualifier
    What if it was on carpet?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by liam
    What if it was on carpet?

It's not so much about the surface. You've got the remember the size of the Revo's tyres. Although it weighs more, the larger tyres will give you a ton more traction off the line and it will also be more stable and controllable over jumps.

RC Champion
    Since I think liam is going to keep asking until he is told otherwise, the E Revo will win almost always, regardless of surface. End of story.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky8333
    Since I think liam is going to keep asking until he is told otherwise, the E Revo will win almost always, regardless of surface. End of story.
    Except when I'm driving the Slash haha
    United States Air Force
    At AFBMT..

RC Champion
    I'll second that. An E-revo stock beats a Slash stock all the time. A Slash VXL versus a Stock E-revo will take a drag race just barely; but will still lose on the track.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, wider track helps the revo way to much.
    More RC's than most of the people here.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mukai
    I'll second that. An E-revo stock beats a Slash stock all the time. A Slash VXL versus a Stock E-revo will take a drag race just barely; but will still lose on the track.
    Actually in a drag race, the VXL slash should pull away by a lot. I've done a hair over 57mph with mine (not quite a VXL, but a MM+Velineon motor). A stock E-Revo won't get anywhere near that speed, even if it had upgraded brushed motors it wouldn't hit that speed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky8333
    No, I was just considering the circumstances that was the last post. Btw: What is the point then of buying a Slash if the Revo is better than it in just about everyway?
    Last edited by Liam; 03-13-2009 at 08:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 2IS
    Actually in a drag race, the VXL slash should pull away by a lot. I've done a hair over 57mph with mine (not quite a VXL, but a MM+Velineon motor). A stock E-Revo won't get anywhere near that speed, even if it had upgraded brushed motors it wouldn't hit that speed.
    He is asking about track times, not drag racing. Why would you compare a VXL to an upgraded brushed motor anyway? A more even comparison would be VXL (brushless) to an upgraded brushless ERevo........i know for a fact my brushless set up would eat a VXL Slash's lunch......lol.........drag race or lap times.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by liam
    No, I was just considering the circumstances that was the last post. Btw: What is the point then of buying a Slash if the Revo is better than it in just about everyway?
    Cheaper, easier to maintain, less sophisticated, more noob friendly, and one battery vs. 2? I have owned both (sold my slash, then a week later a Spec class opened locally, DOH!) and I can say that both have their strenghts, and it all depends on your preferences.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    He is asking about track times, not drag racing. Why would you compare a VXL to an upgraded brushed motor anyway? A more even comparison would be VXL (brushless) to an upgraded brushless ERevo........i know for a fact my brushless set up would eat a VXL Slash's lunch......lol.........drag race or lap times.....
    Read the post I quoted next time. He specificly mentions drag racing a VXL slash to a stock E-Revo and that's why I would compare the two. We all know a brushless erevo will beat a brushless slash.

RC Qualifier
    Read the post I quoted next time. He specificly mentions drag racing a VXL slash to a stock E-Revo and that's why I would compare the two. We all know a brushless erevo will beat a brushless slash.
    Well, given the thread was about "Lap Times" i was going by that, but thanks for playing........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    Well, given the thread was about "Lap Times" i was going by that, but thanks for playing........
    Logic would dictate if you're going to quote me and respond, you'd actually be talking about the same thing I am. A little common sense goes a long way, especially since I had already stated in my first post that the erevo is in an entirely different league.

RC Qualifier
    I don't see how that's possible if they both have the same system and same gearing considering how much lighter the Slash is.

RC Racer
    I thought the Brushless E-Revo had a different ESC and Brushless motor other than a VXL?
    Vrooom!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojin
    I thought the Brushless E-Revo had a different ESC and Brushless motor other than a VXL?
    I mean if they are the same.

RC Champion
    I'm talking about the Brushless Edition E-Revo. Even with brushless conversions, hardly any are using velineon motors.

RC Qualifier
    Jeez guys they are 2 different trucks that handle two different ways. Most depends on the dirvers. I've seen Brushed Slashes win races were others were running BL setups. Driver control?

Also, its all opinions about who is faster. Shouldn't we be basing our answers on how much fun either is to drive and not about which one is fastest????

Just my humble 2 cents.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd
    Jeez guys they are 2 different trucks that handle two different ways. Most depends on the dirvers. I've seen Brushed Slashes win races were others were running BL setups. Driver control?

Also, its all opinions about who is faster. Shouldn't we be basing our answers on how much fun either is to drive and not about which one is fastest????

Just my humble 2 cents.
    I agree with that +1.