Thread: your thoughts

RC Competitor

Smile your thoughts

I have an e-revo and I have upgraded it a bit . I have a 62 tooth spur gear and a 22 tooth pinion gear for now. Plus the Spektrum DX2.0 . I have ordered the mmm 2200kv combo.

What are your thoughts,concerns,and comments on these batteries?
    http://www.rctoys.com/pr/index.php?s=deans

Thunder Power packs are supposed to be pretty darn good, just I think they might be a little expensive for my blood.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Competitor
    the ones i'm thinking of getting are the part number THP54003SSRT
    haha my bad about not first mentioning the ones i want

RC Qualifier
    If they are the 40C hard case ones Yowzer!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by erevo_lover
    the ones i'm thinking of getting are the part number THP54003SSRT
    haha my bad about not first mentioning the ones i want
    the dimensions on those are 1.85 X 5.4 X 1.3 inches....
    ...in MM thats 47 X 137 X 33. They wont fit bud.
    be nice.

RC Competitor
    hmm the hobey shop guy said they would. what is the size of the battery bay

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

51 X 160 X 30
    be nice.

Here you go.

Edit: Hoov beat me to it.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good batteries. Just get the ones that fit. In my experience LHSs usually do not know much about BL applications.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Champion
    He could probably squeeze them in. it's considerably shorter than the battery tray and only 3 mm too high and since the top and bottom of the battery compartments are very thin flexible plastic I think it would flex enough to squeeze that battery in there. At least I hope that's the case because that's the dimensions of the *****'s I have on order too

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man
    He could probably squeeze them in. it's considerably shorter than the battery tray and only 3 mm too high and since the top and bottom of the battery compartments are very thin flexible plastic I think it would flex enough to squeeze that battery in there. At least I hope that's the case because that's the dimensions of the *****'s I have on order too
    I dont think its gonna work bud. I wouldnt order those if I were him. There are other batteries that fit.

As for your zippies.....do you have a link?

If its not too late, you should try to switch your order.

30mm is the height of the battery tray itself. So a 30mm tall battery is already a squeeze. Traxxas recommends 29mm,...30 fits but its tight.

33 would probably do some damage.

*edit* just an FYI
    The pic I linked above(with the dimensions)....was taken and drawn out by me, and its been passed along in just about every thread reguarding battery size and fit.......so I do have a bit of experiance on this one.
    Last edited by HoovHartid; 03-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    be nice.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    I dont think its gonna work bud. I wouldnt order those if I were him. There are other batteries that fit.

As for your zippies.....do you have a link?

If its not too late, you should try to switch your order.

30mm is the height of the battery tray itself. So a 30mm tall battery is already a squeeze. Traxxas recommends 29mm,...30 fits but its tight.

33 would probably do some damage.

*edit* just an FYI
    The pic I linked above(with the dimensions)....was taken and drawn out by me, and its been passed along in just about every thread reguarding battery size and fit.......so I do have a bit of experiance on this one.
    Ironicly, the package from china with my *****'s and charger arrived as I was reading your post just now ....and you know whats really sad? I ordered some stuff from tower four days ago at the same time I ordered this stuff I just got from ********* IN CHINA and I still haven't gotten the tower hobbies stuff yet.

At any rate I immediatly tried the fit and you are right, it's a very tight sueeze but if you take the little plastic spring thing off the top they will slide all the way in, the only problem is actually that the battery tray is not deep enough. The battery will slide in all the way to the back wall but it still sticks out just a little to much (about 1/4 inch) to close the battery doors...but its far enough that the body will go on and I can rig up a way to hold the doors closed so all is good

It's not perfect but they can be made to work, now I just have to figure out this lipo charger
    these are the batteries I got
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6500

RC Champion
    For 2s pack I wouldnt over look the 90.00 hard shell 35c 5k Elite packs, but if you "must have 40c" I would also consider these SMC 40c 5.2k packs more mah for the same price... http://www.spcracing.com/index.php?categoryID=11

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

At any rate I immediatly tried the fit and you are right, it's a very tight sueeze but if you take the little plastic spring thing off the top they will slide all the way in, the only problem is actually that the battery tray is not deep enough. The battery will slide in all the way to the back wall but it still sticks out just a little to much (about 1/4 inch) to close the battery doors...but its far enough that the body will go on and I can rig up a way to hold the doors closed so all is good
    I noticed that you changed from traxxas to deans connectors....but you rewired them as a series connection

you know that if you plug those batts in like that you will be using 8s correct?!?!

you need to wire those parallel with the MMM or you will damage it!
    be nice.

RC Champion
    I noticed that you changed from traxxas to deans connectors....but you rewired them as a series connection

you know that if you plug those batts in like that you will be using 8s correct?!?!

you need to wire those parallel with the MMM or you will damage it!

I had it wired for a couple of nimh packs untill I got the lipos. I'm going to make a couple of adapters so I can switch between parallel and series easily since I eventually plan to get a couple of 3s packs.

The truck came from the factory wired parallel though, I just swapped connectors since I have lots of deans already.

RC Competitor
    Thx for all your info. But what about cutting out the bottom and adding a piece of aluminum or even fiberglass to make something that size fit since it is flexable plastic .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i would use bullet plugs like on the mmm v3 beta models. just put them between the esc and the battery connectors on the wire. this way you can swap from series and parallel with ease

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The truck came from the factory wired parallel though, I just swapped connectors since I have lots of deans already.
    really?
    IIRC the ERBE comes from the factory wired in a series...
    be nice.

RC Champion
    really?
    IIRC the ERBE comes from the factory wired in a series...
    oops, i meant to say series, it came wired series.

RC Competitor
    no thoughts on the fiberglass, aluminium , or plexi glass idea ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by erevo_lover
    no thoughts on the fiberglass, aluminium , or plexi glass idea ?
    for the batteries I have now I'll probably just remove the battery doors and figure out some other way to hold the lipos in since they fit ok otherwise...a couple of velcro straps or something maybe.

RC Champion
    For anyone with these batteries
    http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idProduct=6500
    or others of similiar size, I just thought I would post my solution for fitting them in the erevo without any major modifications.

This first pic is to show what I changed, basicly you need a few spacers ( I used the little metal pushrod spacers, 1 short and 1 long) between the battery door hinges and chassis to give a little more space at the bottom which is where most of the fit issue is with these batteries..ie-it's angled upwards a little if you look close. Of course you should use screws that are the same length longer as the spacers you use or it won't hold for long.
    It's still a tight fit and flexes the battery compartment some but aside from the small gap and the door being angled out slightly at the bottom it looks stock (which was my goal) and it seems to be fairly secure.

and a pic with the battery in and door closed.