RC Enthusiast

might buy brushed revo but....

guys i wanna race at my lhs i dont need to go pro but i would like to be competitive. my question is can i be competitive with a brushed revo, will it get the job done or do i have to buy a bl revo? i dont wanna spend the coin is my prob. what is top speed with good batt? thanks

RC Racer
    What kind of track are you racing on? With good Lipo's you can do about 30. The handling is superior so that really helps. I think you could do ok if its an indoor track or something. A large outdoor dirt track would kill you though.

RC Qualifier
    My son's stock brushed e-revo has reached 32 mph on dirt grass surface.

He raced with it and did well, beating a few nitro trucks. It won't reach the top speeds of a brushless or nitro on long straight aways, but has much better accelleration out of turns than most nitros.

Good batteries are key to keeping it fast. Learning how to drive it is the next key step.

My son upgraded to brushless and is still geting used to its incredible power (about 5x the power of the dual titans). He has difficulty controlling it during races because it is so powerful and not as balanced as a stock brushed e-revo.

Enjoy the e-revo and if want more speed, it is easy to upgrade to brushless.

RC Racer
    You know what the key to winning a race is? Keeping your truck on all 4 wheels. At our local club the guy that has the least wrecks usually wins. Honestly, its usually one of the slower cars too. I've seen the guy with the fastest truck who can't take turns or jumps correctly and he spends half the time waiting on the turn marshal. Give the brushed a try.

RC Champion
    i would like to start racing too.how would my e-revo with lipos and a sears motor, do on this track?

it would be racing in the monster truck class wich is 5 other revos and 1 e-revo
    I was anti-obama before it was cool!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sears motor would not perform very well on a track, unless the track was extremely short and extremely technical.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo