Thread: shock fluid

RC Qualifier

shock fluid

Just put in thicker shock fluid(55 wt.) and can notice a big differice with the stock springs on even though i have some 1.8 and 2.0 coming along with a close raio gear set for trans. Is anyone else running a close ratio trans?
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

i've been wanting to try some 45 or 55. i've got 45 and i can't remember if i have 50 or 55. if it's raining tomorrow i might do some tinkering.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a
    i've been wanting to try some 45 or 55. i've got 45 and i can't remember if i have 50 or 55. if it's raining tomorrow i might do some tinkering.

I run 55 weight in my rear shocks and 50 in the front along with stock springs and a sway bar kit. This thing is solid now. I have to be driving stupid to get it to flip in the dirt now. The road is a different story....... This thing does not like asphalt... But of course, its not made for asphalt...
    Support your local hobby shop!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sicsam
    Just put in thicker shock fluid(55 wt.) and can notice a big differice with the stock springs on even though i have some 1.8 and 2.0 coming along with a close raio gear set for trans. Is anyone else running a close ratio trans?
    same here. i have the 1.8 & 2.0 spring rates .ive recently experimenting with 50 wt oil on both front and rear. i use to run 45wt. i think 45 is runs good. but 50 really takes the bigger jumps better.

i also have the short ratio 2 gears. right now im on 15 bell and 38 spur. it works realy good on my local track( which is designed for slash/slayer ). really peppy. i could get the bigger jumps with less distance to pick up speed. with the close ratio gears, i notice that the 2nd gear is alot more punchy. like a massive amount of torq when it shifts to 2nd.

RC Qualifier
    Thats what im wanting is to stay in a good rpm range, thats why im going to the close ratio gear set because my local track is set up for 1/8 cars so i need all the help i can get. I also have 1.8/2.0 springs coming but still havnt got the sway bar kit yet.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Racer
    the sways help. i set the front all the way stiff and it actually make the truck lower. you wont flip as much.

if your track has mostly big jumps which are usually designed for 1/8 truggy/buggy. then go thicker oil and harder spring rate. i catch soo much air that i beat my slayer up. i hate the sound when it bottoms out on landing. well not that you could avoid bottoming out. all r/c trucks bottoms out. id go mabe next rate up. 2.0 2.2 with 50-55 oil or mabe even 60. just a suggestion. i havent actually tried it. but my 1.8 and 2.0 spring with 45wt was too soft on my local truggy/buggy track. if u wana see the track go to revrace.com

next i need to get a center diff and rear breaks.i heard/read you jump alot better and shoots to the turn alot better.
    Last edited by advanaw11; 03-10-2009 at 08:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I heard mine hiiting bottom sunday thats why i ordered every thing monday. And you can see my track at battlefeildraceway.com
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427