RC Champion

saturday,march 7,2009

oh my god,what a day for bashing a slayer,except for the prolines on order all of the aforementioned on these threads setup suggestions,installed on my beast,ran a steady 3 hours on a local nasty smooth and rough con-site,with two of my revo owning buddies,aside from a few tuning issues and a glow plug change halfway through,this was a day to be remembered,i know some of you guys have had some weird concerns,but this traxxas product can take some serious abuse,had an axle pin come out at the end but as an old boy scout, i happened to have an extra to do a quik field fix ,and i came home and ran two more tanks in my driveway before dark,dont get discouraged if you are having problems with yours because the good days are worth driving this awesome machine(no i do not work for traxxas)
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Racer
    I'm envious... I need to take a gallon of gas next week and go find me a nice open area. free from blackberry...
    You're gonna need a bigger boat...

i wish i could have ran mine for 3 hours today. mine broke yet again. my THS center shafts threw the pin out of the dog bone and thrashed the rear bulk. punched a nice hole right in the bulk. didn't hurt any internals tho.

it didn't hurt the shaft so i put it back together with alot of blue loctite.

so i got done working on it and said screw the slayer for the day and got my VXL rusty out and grenaded the Planetaries. oh what a day.

at least we had some wicked awesome 70 degree weather though.

RC Qualifier
    I know what you mean, I got everyone of mine out yesterday and ran them each for a while. I had to find a place that I could run on street and off-road. A closed Doctors office parking lot with a construction site next door worked out very well. I cleared around 3/4 of a gallon of fuel between all six vehicles. I discovered that running 1/8 is a little more expensive than 10th scale... Oh well, its worth the price of fuel....
    Support your local hobby shop!

RC poster
    I have ran my Slayer 24 tank of fuel so far. Bashing the crap out of it.

Today I ran 4 hrs and on the last gulp of fuel I rolled it as usual and when it came to rest. I finally lost the RR axle pin on the drive.
    First casuality, but for the flipping that has been done over the last 4 weekends on concrete, dirt, sand, grass and pavement.
    I am totally impressed with the durability. Better that anything I owned when I raced several years ago.

I just run it like I stole it. Do not need to worry over how competitive I have to be when just having a good throw down.

RC Racer
    saturday,march 7,2009

the day i blew my 3.3 either a rock got in or too lean = [. i had my share of fun =] time to do an exchange