RC poster

New brushless e-Revo owner questions

Hi,

About 6 months ago I purchased an e-revo brushless used on ebay, before Traxxas released the ERBE (sniff sniff).

Unfortunatly the economy in Iceland collapsed and my car was stuck in the US (at a friends house) for half a year. Finally I got the car last week and I have been taking it out for a spin.

Iīve been searching the forums but I cannot find a solution to my problem, but this forum is just filled with good e-revo info.

My problem is when I power on the ESC the motor revs up to probably max for about 1-3 seconds then it stops and works fine. This is a bit annoying cause I have to have the car with the wheels in the air when I power it on and holding a brushless vehicle with one hand while using the other to power it on going straight to max rev is... well, not good

Other question I have is about gearing. I have a Novak 6.5 (doesnīt say on motor though), ESC with purple heatsink and current gearing is 68/12. As far as I can tell I should be around 68/14 or 68/15. But just wanted to double check with those who have more knowledge about the subject, should I go for 68/15 or some other gearing?

Information:
    Motor Novak 6.5
    ESC with purple heatsink
    Novak Capacitor
    Reciever Spektrum DSX 2.0 (SR3000)
    Batteries: 2x 4600 Mah A123's

Thanks in advance,
    Caaine

RC poster
    I also wanted to ask if it would be possible to use a Neu 1515/1Y motor with the Novak HV ESC if I donīt plan on using more than 4S anyways?

Reason I ask is I could maybe get a Neu motor for a reasonable price and just wondering if it would be a possible upgrade.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    novak will only run novak

RC Qualifier
    I had a similar issue with my DX3R when I realized the safety range the Spektrum picked up was totally off. Make sure your throttle subtrim, etc. are zeroed and then bind it again, it might fix the problem.

RC poster
    Thanks for the answers, will try that!