Thread: wheelies?

RC Qualifier

wheelies?

have any of u guys gotten your slayer to wheelie? it has to be possible. all it should need is a stiffer rear end right? i know tmaxxas and some revos wheelie and they weight 3-4 pounds more
    2-strokes: it aint fast unless u mix the gas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They wheelie because of the higher Center of gravity. Slayer is low to the ground you would need immense power to make it wheelie.

RC Qualifier
    would a buku supply that immense power? my slayer hasnt arrived yet and its new buku pipe is sitting in garage...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It might.. stiffen the rear suspension, raise the truck.. and lean out that engine you might get some wheelies.

Wheelies are really bad for your drivetrain by the way. Rear differentials, rear center shafts and front differential, front center shaft when it lands again.

RC Qualifier
    how bad could it be? these trucks are built for abuse. and plus im thinking of making my slayer 2wd just to see how it handles and for when i go To to glamis

I have rode out a wheelie with mine.....way I got it to wheelie is slam the brakes on and then go WOT and it will pull a wheelie and ride if for a while. I am going out Sunday and will see if I can get a vid of it.

RC Racer
    just removed the body and install bigger wheel, it will do some wheelies easy!
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

i got some wheelies when i put on my 1/8 buggy tires and wheels on and i drilled the stinger out to 13/64 and i went from a 15T driver to a 14T.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have done a couple wheelies with mine. I have the stock suspension and tires though so if I could some switch tires and stiffend the suspension I am sure I would do more.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    what do you mine by drilling the stinger out? would i be able to do wheelies with a 16/40 gear setup?
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

the little tube on the pipe where the exhaust exits. it's what the rubber tube connects to. you take a 13/64 drill bit and drill the inside diameter of the stinger out. it helps give it a little more bottom end torque.

you just have to make sure you take the pipe off before you drill it so you can blow out the shavings so they won't get in the motor.

a 16/40 combo has a ratio of 2.50 and i'm running a 14/36 which is 2.57 so they are pretty close in ratio.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 03-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.

RC poster
    ive gotten mine to do wheels by accident bashin by my brothers house.just try to do a full speed pass through some little bumps and it pulls the front end off the ground and carries it

RC Qualifier
    i dont think that holding the wheelie is the problem, its getting the front end off the ground