RC Qualifier

Should I buy a slayer

I already have 2 maxxes, I am torn between a revo and a slayer. So I would like to hear some of the expirences from people that own a slayer. proīs conīs etc...Thanks in advanced

the slayer is essentially a revo 2.5 with shorter arms, different trans gearing (to make up for the smaller tires), and different bumpers and i think that's about it.

pro's. it's freakin fast. runs good. easy to work on. and a ton of fun to drive.

con's. it's very roll happy out of the box. sway bars will fix this. the driveline is a bit crap. the e clips like to fly off the U joints during normal driving and you end up dropping a shaft. you can get the THS racing center CVD's for a revo 2.5 and they'll fit right on the slayer. FLM is working on the Axle CVD's also.

other than that it's a fun truck all around.

either way if you get tired of the slayer you can always convert it to a Revo.

RC Champion
    for me the slayer is a blast to drive,but to be honest, the revo is more versatile,carguy is on target with what he said
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    The Slayer and Revo have alot of the same parts but they are different trucks. The Slayer is a scale CORR truck, lots of suspension and body movement I love the way it looks when its moving. Takes a little time to get use to and set up the suspension. Fun when other Slayers or Slashes are around and set up a small course. Your T-Maxx and Revo are monster trucks, have more in common in how they handle and look. Awesome bashers drive anywhere. Don't know what T-Maxx you have but the 3.3 to me is easyfor me to tune and has lots of power both the Revo and Slayer use it. So you can have 3 monster trucks or 2 monster trucks and 1 scale CORR truck. Just my .02 enjoy which ever one you get their both great
    Last edited by radicalray; 03-06-2009 at 09:01 AM.

RC Racer
    Totally different driving experience between the two, so that should be a primary consideration when deciding. Ask yourself, "Have I ever driven a CORR style R/C?" Bottom line: You simply cannot drive the Slayer like a truggy/Monster truck, etc. If the thought of a scale looking truck appeals to you, and inheriting the challenge of learning to drive a CORR style racer, then it is for you. If you're going to be apt to get frustrated that you can't go WOT in/out of corners, or that jump line up is important, then....

Powertrain and power is same, suspension roughly same, chassis same, lots same. Wheel base and axle track differences make it respond totally different.

I would say, don't go into a Slayer purchase with an eye on comparing it to the others, as IMHO, they are apples and oranges from a driver's perspective. If you do, I think you'll be disappointed. Slayer will make you a better driver.
    You're gonna need a bigger boat...

RC Champion
    butterman sounds like the expert,yeah for bashing,revo,for making an rc driver out of ya,definitely the slayer,i am so glad i have it but i really want another revo
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    My first r/c ever was a slayer.....NOT the best idea I love the Slayer but it is a handfull to drive and it has taken a lot of time to understand that and learn to drive it, I also have a t max love that as well but they don;t drive anything like each other. Bashing = Revo,Tmax Racin = Slayer, Slash,Revo In MY opinion.

Mr Twister
    Slayer,ModSctSlash,AE8E, Spektrum DX3R

RC Qualifier
    I jusy bought a new slayer last week! broke it in yesterday. played with it all day today. I absolutly love it. it is a ton of fun to drive
    Revo 3.3,slayer,ERBE,
    Slash 4x4 RTR and Platinum

RC Qualifier
    Thanks,

I have to frankenstein T-maxxes one has a 3.3(upgraded 3.3 driveline except it still has the 2.5 Tranny... the other is essentially an S-max 2WD with a ported and polished 2.5...ported by me...

To me I like the challenge and enjoy working on the trucks as much as driving them...I think the Slayer would be something different and fun.