RC poster

slash conversion

I newly acquired a Slash. I was wondering if it is possible to convert this electric buggy to to nitro and if there is any info online about how to do this.

Thanks
    Vincent

RC Racer
    why didnt you just buy a Slayer?

RC Racer
    possibly the OP wanted a 2wd?
    leo d.

RC Qualifier
    just take out the front shafts and the center shaft going to the front...and bam 2wd slayer..
    Velineon Slash..With a Wing :D
    currently broken

RC poster
    Actually im just getting into RC cars and wanted to start with electric. but i soon realized that charging the batteries and their short use time isnt going to work for me. (im impatient and want instant gratification). so now i have an electric truck and wondering if would be cheaper to mod it to nitro than go buy a slayer. plus i like building things.

RC Racer
    could the plastic chassis even hold up to that? I mean the nitro conversion.

RC Qualifier
    not sure, the chassis on my revo (essentially the same as the slayer) is way more burly than my slash, and unless you make your own chassis or somehow modify an existing nitro buggy chassis, getting a nitro engine to fit is going to be a giant pain

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaVincent
    Actually im just getting into RC cars and wanted to start with electric. but i soon realized that charging the batteries and their short use time isnt going to work for me. (im impatient and want instant gratification). so now i have an electric truck and wondering if would be cheaper to mod it to nitro than go buy a slayer. plus i like building things.
    Dude, just get a few 8000mah lipo's. You'll get bored driving before you need to charge them both. Nitro is over rated. They stink, run like crap and loud as all you know what. I'm sure this post will raise some hair . Oh well

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
    Dude, just get a few 8000mah lipo's. You'll get bored driving before you need to charge them both. Nitro is over rated. They stink, run like crap and loud as all you know what. I'm sure this post will raise some hair . Oh well
    Those are the exact reasons I still run my Nitro Rustler.....although I do run my VXL Rustler a lot more.

just get a nitro rustler or jato, they both are 2wd.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Qualifier

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ScaVincent
    Holy sheep dip! You must be impatient! Even with a "decent" 3600mah NIMH battery I am getting close to 40 minutes run time on my track at home.

Trying to mod one is ultimately going to cost more in the long run than it would just to go out and buy a nitro.

Like Wheelman said, get a couple 8000mah lipos and you will wear out before the truck does!
    Always expect the worst, that way you are never disappointed!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jknapp4877
    Holy sheep dip! You must be impatient! Even with a "decent" 3600mah NIMH battery I am getting close to 40 minutes run time on my track at home.

Trying to mod one is ultimately going to cost more in the long run than it would just to go out and buy a nitro.

Like Wheelman said, get a couple 8000mah lipos and you will wear out before the truck does!

40 minutes on your 3600?!?!?!?!?
    ...true story.

RC Qualifier
    Yes because its not all full throttle running. Maybe 1/2 full throttle, 1/4 half throttle and 1/4 in very technical sections. So the majority of the time is spent at 1/2 throttle or less. Makes run times much longer...
    Always expect the worst, that way you are never disappointed!

RC Champion
    just get lipo batteries they are lighter, charge faster, and have more power for their size compared to nimh and more 2 times more capacity as the same wieght nimh but the only down side is you need deep pockets for a perfect lipo or you could get something close to your specs but cheaper(from my past experiences)
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.