RC Racer

Slash on a plane?

Anyone tried to get one on a comercial plane? I am going to Vegas for a week and really don;t want to do without my slash.

RC Qualifier
    Ha, thats a good question... I think the batteries will be the biggest challenge...
    United States Air Force
    At AFBMT..

RC Champion
    Going to vegas and worried about the slash... Something is seriously wrong here. While I'll be the first to admit Vegas is overrated by many folks, you really should have no problems keeping yourself occupied WITHOUT your slash around!

RC Qualifier
    yeah... batteries could definitely be a problem. good luck though. let us know how it goes.
    ...true story.

RC Champion
    There was a guy over in the rustler forum that did just this. his biggest problem was actually tools. They TSA folks didn't have a clue about the batteries and didn't worry about it.

And speaking of batteries there are a bunch of laptops/ipods/phones that get on the planes with lion/life/lipo batteries every day. but those are in something else and don't look like a mini bomb, think nimh on the xray screen.

I would call the airline and ask them. Assuming it's properly packaged as a carry on it should be fine
    RC Addict #341777

RC Racer
    I was willing to put both of them in "checked baggage".

Going to vegas and worried about the slash... Something is seriously wrong here. While I'll be the first to admit Vegas is overrated by many folks, you really should have no problems keeping yourself occupied WITHOUT your slash around!
    Its for a tool expo. I don;t gamble. The family is going so I was thinking we could do some desert terrain bashing while we were there.

RC Champion
    the Airport let me through with my Nitro Monster GT..I had it as a carry on and had no problems...

as for battery? jsut put it in your luggage..and it should be fine
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Competitor
    Here is what I did with mine:

Put it in a large suitcase. Take the body off, packed socks on the inside, put body back on w/o body clips. Placed in the center of the suit case, pack all of the clothing rolled up around it. Done correctly, rolled clothes will not wrinkle. Place sweatshirts/clothing that can't be rolled on top of the body. Wrap your charger in a shirt, and radio as well.

Batteries MUST be carried on.

RC Racer
    thank you for the help

RC Racer
    dude your goin to vegas forget about your rc there is so much to do here its not even funny. but if your under 21 it sucks lol. you should be fine bring your rc on the plane just do what ever1 said and pack your batteries in your checked bag.

RC Qualifier
    It's fine. You need to check the bag with it and it'll be OK. Tell them its hobby supplies if they ask. The only real big issue is usually nitro fuel, and since its electric, no biggie.

They may pull you aside, just stay cool and they'll send it through.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Qualifier
    haha. you could always mail it to yourself. and thats not true about it being lame. im 23 and i took my slash out there. i went to an rc offroad track out there. it was pretty cool.