RC Qualifier

puttin in my 23t

i wanna put my 23-toothed spur gear in my slash. it dont fit. i have the stock 86t pinion gear in.please help.

ok, i got it in, and when i pull the trigger on the transmitter, it makes kind of a whoosing/whistling/screatching. now it was makin a whine befor i switched the gear. is it supposed to whoosh more with the 23t?
    Last edited by specialone70; 03-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.

RC Racer
    you have to take those 2 big bolts loose that hold the motor in place, and re set your gear mesh.

RC Qualifier
    yeah that happened to me, took me an hour to figure out why it would'nt fit, back in april wit' rusty vxl. ust unscrew the 2 screws a littlebit for th motor to move, then set the mesh (space between the spur teeth and spur) correctley by making paper go threw it smoothly but not to smooth.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier
    okay, thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bus7
    yeah that happened to me, took me an hour to figure out why it would'nt fit, back in april wit' rusty vxl. ust unscrew the 2 screws a littlebit for th motor to move, then set the mesh (space between the spur teeth and spur) correctley by making paper go threw it smoothly but not to smooth.
    what kind of paper. notebook?printer?

RC Racer
    notebook is fine

check pm messages more info

RC Racer
    first of all its a 23 tooth pinion and 86 tooth spur. second of all that sound is the motor stuggling to turn because of a tight gear mesh

RC Qualifier
    oh, sorry, thats what i meant. thanks