RC Racer

mamba max esc question

is it waterproof or a little more resistant to water than the vxl3s, i fried my vxl3s a while back when a little bit of water from a puddle got in where the switch is. thanks

RC Champion
    actually i havent seen or heard of the mamba max esc being water resistant it says the vxl3s esc is water resistant though
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Racer
    i took my vxl3s apart and it has a small rubber gasket that will seal out most of the water, but there is nothing stopping the water from getting past the switch, i can actually see where it shorted out on the circuit board next to the switch. i was so upset

RC Qualifier
    The original MM is "water resistant". However, be warned that the USB port is a known trouble spot for water damage and shorting of the MM. Take the extra precaution and do something to protect that USB port and you should be OK.

We were using these in E-Maxx, back before the E-Revo or the MMM came out, with good success. This is a solid ESC and can take a beating. Just make sure you protect the weak spots and do a search on the E-Maxx forum to get some good info on it.

I would search for suicideneil to get some of his input. And, don't bother trying to contact him, he doesn't exist here anymore.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Champion
    You should consider the MM as NOT water resistant. The board is exposed, soldering points are exposed, and there is a large hole where the usb port is. Castle does not claim it's water resistant, they simply say the board has a water resistant coating.

RC Racer
    great thanks for the info