Thread: Uhhh bad Titan?

RC Qualifier

Uhhh bad Titan?

So a few weeks ago I took my E-Revo to the desert when we went riding. It didn't run very well. Performance was slow and the run time short. I assumed it was due to the really cold weather and the batteries being charged in the cold. Not sure.

So today I took it out for the first time since then. Cleaned everything out and charged up my 6 cell 3600's. It was really slow and occasionally I thought it sounded weird. I don't really know how to describe it. If I had to guess, I would think maybe there was dirt or something in one of the motors. Anyway it only ran for maybe 2 minutes. I took it in the garage to take a look and the bottom motor was much hotter than the top one. No temp gauge, but it definitely wasn't 200*.

I don't know. Is the bottom motor bad? Ideas?

Thanks,
    MX
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Qualifier
    I would say there is a problem with the top motor especialy if it is cold like it is not getting any power,(bad connection possibly) and the lower one is doing all of the work.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Racer
    the titans are notoriously crappy, could just be toast. now seems a good time to get the upgrade to a single motor, faster and more reliable.
    I went with the dewalt 12v, think there's a lot of people swapping over to those right now. cost you about $40-45 for new motor and 5mm pinion, but you'll never look back. this thing is a beast, way more torque than the twins.
    check out a few of the write ups on the install, totally worth it.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=dewalt
    e-revo, Dewalt 12v motor, 2 speed conversion, dx3s

RC Racer
    plug the cold motor directly to a single battery to see if it turns. if not.. then its dead

RC Qualifier
    So I unplugged both motors and tested them...Both seemed to work just fine. Batteries are charging up now, hopefully it works.

If not I'm definitely gonna go with the 12v DeWalt or a Titan 775.
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MXrider
    So I unplugged both motors and tested them...Both seemed to work just fine. Batteries are charging up now, hopefully it works.

If not I'm definitely gonna go with the 12v DeWalt or a Titan 775.
    get the Dewalt, I just installed this in my e-revo and its awesome! so much torq for a brushed motor, sure a brushless is was faster but I like the waterproof side of brusked motors!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, one of your Titans are burnt or not connected. Thus the other one is doing all the work making it really slow. Remember 1 Titan does not equal 1 KD 700s or 970s.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!